What's new

For Love of Aqua Velva.

I had to pick Aqua Velva Ice Blue after my shave last night. It's one that I miss when I don't use it, and it's always reliable! I love my Aqua Velva!

I remember my grandfather always used to use the blue Aqua Velva as did I for a while. I can still remember the scent - nice and fresh. They stopped selling it now for a couple of years here in SA :(

I just liberally splashed on some Aqua Velva Ice Blue after shaving and must say I love this stuff! The wife is a big fan too which is a plus.

The only beef I have with Aqua Velva is the dispenser. I get it all over the place. Besides that it is a Classic.

I totally agree.....I saved a plastic dispenser restrictor that AV used to place in the bottles a few years back. I transfer it to new bottles as I open them. But, I wholeheartedly agree that without the restrictor, way too much product goes down the drain. AV remains my daily favorite along with Thayers alchohol free with Aloe Vera. The Thayers always goes on first as the cool weeper healer, right out of the shower after the shave. I finish up with the AV....which has just enough alchohol to tone and cool.....and just enough mild lubricant to soothe any razor burn. Great stuff.....affordable.....available......effective.....and cleanly scented. Can't beat the combination of Thayers and AV.

I never thought to try the AV musk......but you are gonna make me do it.�� Thanks.

I'm not even that much of a musk fan. I find them too sweet smelling, but I like the AV Musk. Still sweet, but it dries off into a Smokey type scent.

I just had a wonderful shave and used Aqua Velva Musk to conclude things. Aqua Velva is always a classic, and one I'll always keep in my aftershave collection.

AV continues to be a classic old favorite that I have enjoyed even before The days when I began shaving. Soon to turn the 70 milestone, it remains my go to cooling and toning after shave bracer. Great product......

I tried to buy some about an hour ago. They had the musk and the blue stuff at my local WalMart. I took the caps off and the smell was so faint I really couldn't tell what it smelled like. In the end I decided it probably did not have a strong enough scent to keep me interested. They had some Brut too. I liked the smell, but I passed on it. Is any of the AV really cold? And if so, how cold compared to say Snake Bite?

I'm not even that much of a musk fan. I find them too sweet smelling, but I like the AV Musk. Still sweet, but it dries off into a Smokey type scent.
I found AV musk to be the sweetest musk out there, so I'm amazed you still like it.

I tried to buy some about an hour ago. They had the musk and the blue stuff at my local WalMart. I took the caps off and the smell was so faint I really couldn't tell what it smelled like. In the end I decided it probably did not have a strong enough scent to keep me interested. They had some Brut too. I liked the smell, but I passed on it. Is any of the AV really cold? And if so, how cold compared to say Snake Bite?
You can't judge them by smelling from the bottle. Sometimes after sitting the headspace is pure alcohol. You really need to apply it to appreciate the smell. In the store I'll sometimes dab a little on my forearm.

Both of these are quite strongly scented in fact. The blue has a lot of menthol. But I haven't used snakebite, so I can't compare.

I found AV musk to be the sweetest musk out there, so I'm amazed you still like it.

You can't judge them by smelling from the bottle. Sometimes after sitting the headspace is pure alcohol. You really need to apply it to appreciate the smell. In the store I'll sometimes dab a little on my forearm.

Both of these are quite strongly scented in fact. The blue has a lot of menthol. But I haven't used snakebite, so I can't compare.

You convinced me. I'll try it. :001_smile

Top Bottom