What's new

Which Thayers witch hazel is best for your skin?

I think the unscented with aloe is great and should be good for the skin. Somewhere I found that is has glycerin as well.

I like to mix it 50-50 with Everclear, then add menthol and/or a scent.

I like the new round bottles, but I wish they would make the caps color-coded.

The first one I bought was the Rose scent, and it had a red cap. Makes sense.
But ALL of them have red caps.

It would be so much better if the caps showed the contents ... Lemon/yellow, Cucumber/green, Lavender/blue, Original/white, etc. etc.

I currently have 3 bottles of Thayers on my counter.
With color codes, I could instantly pick up the one that I want, even when I don't have my glasses on, just by looking at the caps.

Thayers WH is great stuff. Very moisturizing for me and I use almost every shave.

I will say I'm not a fan of the rose petal scent. It smells like my grandmothers old perfume. Way too flowery for me.

Cucumber is a hit.

Thayers WH is great stuff. Very moisturizing for me and I use almost every shave.

I will say I'm not a fan of the rose petal scent. It smells like my grandmothers old perfume. Way too flowery for me.

Cucumber is a hit.

Yea by the looks of things, rose petal is the least favorite among users. I have not used the rose petal but cucumber is great!

I like the new round bottles, but I wish they would make the caps color-coded.

The first one I bought was the Rose scent, and it had a red cap. Makes sense.
But ALL of them have red caps.

It would be so much better if the caps showed the contents ... Lemon/yellow, Cucumber/green, Lavender/blue, Original/white, etc. etc.

I currently have 3 bottles of Thayers on my counter.
With color codes, I could instantly pick up the one that I want, even when I don't have my glasses on, just by looking at the caps.

The old bottles are notorious for leaking. Did they sort out this problem with the new bottles?

If you have a Wegmans Supermarket near you, they just started carrying Thayers @ $7.49 a bottle. Best price I've seen in a retail store.

Thats the best price I've seen anywhere. Too bad I don't have one near me, closest one is 100 miles away. $10 isn't terrible but it would be great if it was a little cheaper so I can justify buying all the scents at once.

What makes you say that? I like the Cucumber and lemon one but the lemon leaves my face a little sticky....? What's up with that
It has a little menthol but more importantly camphor. Feels great to me. Works great on minor sunburn and bug bites.

They can all be a little sticky in the summer. I think it's the aloe. I use less in the summer.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Nobody mentioned peach??

That stuff is fantastic.

I see lots of people who use Thayer's brand of witch hazel. Not being able to find it in my local CVS, I just bought what they had in stock which was T. N. Dickinson's. I think it works fine and has helped to reduce irritation on my neck. Besides the different scents that Thayer's offers, is there really any difference?

Many years ago I bought my first bottle of WH, at a store that only had Dickinsons. I tried it and ... meh. The next bottle I bought was a Thayers, and it was miles above ... and I've never looked back.

I have only used the Thayers Alcohol Free Unscented with Aloe Vera........I splash it on first thing out of the shower after a shave......then follow it up with one of several favored scented after shaves right before I head out for the day. Thayers is the best cooling, non-burning healer & Toner I have found to follow a close shave with. 15 minutes later, the skin is ready for whatever scented after shave you care to apply.....At that point, the alcohol in the scented aftershave of choice goes on much more comfortably. This method was recommended to me by an elder gent on this forum a few years ago and it has worked like a champ ever since then.

I had tried several drug store versions of WH and I was not not satisfied. But the elder gent insisted that an alcohol free WH was going to be hard to find in a drug store. I began reading labels and discovered that the old boy was wise beyond his years. He recommended Thayers by name.....ordered a two pack and never looked back. Great product. Part of my daily shaving pleasure.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I was in the store the other day needing a new bottle of Thayers, and remembering this thread, decided to try something other than peach. I got the cucumber. I'll be cracking it open for tomorrow's shave.

Thats the best price I've seen anywhere. Too bad I don't have one near me, closest one is 100 miles away. $10 isn't terrible but it would be great if it was a little cheaper so I can justify buying all the scents at once.

$10 a bottle is worth it for Thayers, since it's the best of the best. But I won't go much higher than $8 whenever I restock. But even at that price, I can only afford them one at a time.

Top Bottom