What's new

How much did you pay for your best shaving razor?

$50 for a '63 near mint Slim adjustable...shaves better than my '57 SS and that fatboy I had. I like the longer handle better for my bigger hands.

I could have saved myself a lot of money if I had stopped after my first DE. A $2.50 antique store Gillette, I didn't know what it was at the time, but here is a pic.:001_smile

Attachments

• $DSCF7345.jpg
    $DSCF7345.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 34

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I only have two razors at present. Because my wife could not be convinced that this latest hobby/interest would keep my ADHD mind occupied, I agreed to a plastic thingy from India I believe, that is blue colored and came with 2 Dorco blades. I then got a really good deal on a Razorock TTO. I shave when running late for work with the cheapy in the shower. It's a nice mild shaver that can be used with a little pressure and not leave my face in tatters. It's only failing to me is under my nose. Very difficult to do a proper job with it.
The Razorock is great for a leisurely shave at the sink.

The angles that I have to use are different, of course, but I enjoy the lessons I am learning, and the shaves that are SO much better than the cartridges.

My next acquisition will be a Gillette adjustable, just because I've wanted one since I was 4 years old watching my Dad shave with one.
Now I just have to convince the "War Department" to release the funds, lol!
Thanks for listening to the ramblings of a middle aged face scraper,

Top Bottom