What's new

Just Keep Out ONE D.E. for a Couple Weeks.

Since I'm in the process of packing to move, the whole shave cabinet and misc. lotions, soaps, aftershaves have been sent to cardboard box "holding" for a couple weeks.

I'd always wondered which razor I'd keep to use if there was some kind of reason to be restricted.
Well... now I know.

The pre-war nickel Tech with big handle made the final cut. (To my surprise.)

Packed The NEW Improved, couple NEW SC and LC, SuperSpeeds, various other Techs, and EJ89...but the old silver Tech seemed to "need" to remain unboxed. Funny. I didn't expect that.

And to further add fuel to the fire, the only soap I kept out is a stick of Arko. Some cheap Avon A.S. and I'm good to go.
It'll be nice to get resettled and back to a wide selection, but "going minimalist" is an interesting exercise, and getting some fine, old-style Tech shaves.

Ever wonder what YOU'D keep out to use? I would NOT have picked this combo, but DID...
LOL...

I would go for the the same one I started on, and also used it for the month of February, and almost every Friday. My Fatboy!:thumbup1: There have also been a weeks where it is the only DE I used, but I also used at least one SE. I could get by with almost any of them if I had to, but I do like to switch it up.

What Avon did you keep out? I would keep Spicy.

I used a Tech almost every day for the entire month of June (but I did cheat a little because I have three Techs and they all shave a bit differently).

I rotate my DE razors typically every week or two. If i had to pick one, right now my go to is my Parat. I love the shave from this razor.

Not sure. A month ago it would have been my Micro Touch One. (all I had at the time) But I picked up a couple of Super Speeds since then - a 67 black handle and a 58 Flare Tip. It would likely be one of those two.

A couple of weeks ago I would have said one of my old Gillette tech's or super speed. But I've recently obtained a Rockwell. That's what I would go with. It's amazing.

Hope the move goes well.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
I've done a week straight with most of my razors, but never two. If I ever did have to go a whole fortnight with just one razor, I'd grab the Red Tip, no question.

It would have to be one of my adjustables. Fatboy, Slim, or Super adjustable. They are like having several razors, I can go mild or aggressive.

I'm not sure how to answer this question. I've bought so many razors and gotten great shaves from most of them. I'd take my '69 Super Speed because it represents shaving to me. But I'd bring another along because it's too light for me.

46-47 US Aristocrat, '40s style Superspeed, or Postwar Tech...

I used a '56 Redtip today for a great shave but the Aristocrat is slightly better for me. Both of them are the same weight.

Well...the 1st week has gone by, and I am doing just fine with the ol' nickel Tech and Arko stick.
Missing the NEW SC, but only another week to pass until the unboxing of bathroom supplies again...

It has been an experience, with clothes, shoes, cookware, all kinds of things I'd taken for granted having access to.
We can easily survive with less stuff, but the variety sure makes day to day a lot more fun, if not full of additional choices that we could do without. Hmmm....

Carry on. A nice brush and fresh blade are really the items that make my shaves go smoothly.
LOL...

Top Bottom