What's new

Gillette tech

I love them all!

I used to have a bias towards the pre-war Tech (triangular holes in the baseplate) but I think it was truly nothing more than a bias. I shaved this morning with a post-war Tech (oblong holes) and it is wonderful!

Just find one that looks good to you and is at a reasonable price and enjoy it.

Thought I'd come back and bump this thread and let you guys know how it turned out. [MENTION=106068]MichaelRB88[/MENTION] PIFed me a fat handle tech and I got it in the mail today. I'm definitely a believer. I got my best wet shave ever with it and a feather and my trusty Williams. No nicks or irritation (also a first).

Thought I'd come back and bump this thread and let you guys know how it turned out. [MENTION=106068]MichaelRB88[/MENTION] PIFed me a fat handle tech and I got it in the mail today. I'm definitely a believer. I got my best wet shave ever with it and a feather and my trusty Williams. No nicks or irritation (also a first).

I'm glad it worked out for you. Enjoy your new razor. I'm glad to know it'll be getting some use.

You can kind of tell the age of the Techs by the slots on the bottom of the razor. Pre-WWII they were triangular. Later (maybe during WWII) they were sort of a rounded off, but triangular. Post war they were just slots.

You can kind of tell the age of the Techs by the slots on the bottom of the razor. Pre-WWII they were triangular. Later (maybe during WWII) they were sort of a rounded off, but triangular. Post war they were just slots.

The tech I sent was definitely a post war. However it is the brass version with a copper top plate. A touch too mild for my taste (I like my flair tip), so I'm definitely happy to pass it on to a fellow member.

Top Bottom