What's new

Do I "Need" a Gillette Tech?

If you can weild it, you shall possess the power of the mighty ________

Postwar fat handle Tech is my favorite. Not sure which one I like more, Canadian or US. Canada didn't put the logo on the cap, like the US and England.

My ball end tech came in today. Was going to shave tonight. Now trying to decide whether to use my Slim or my Tech. Any votes??

So before I saw your advice. I went for it. Loaded up the tech with a Gillette Silver Blue and went after it.
Should have went with my slim until I honed my skills a little more.
That Tech treated me like a drag queen at a tractor pull!!!!!!!

So before I saw your advice. I went for it. Loaded up the tech with a Gillette Silver Blue and went after it.
Should have went with my slim until I honed my skills a little more.
That Tech treated me like a drag queen at a tractor pull!!!!!!!

Ouch! :tongue_sm

What does 'need' have to do with anything on B&B?

The only needs here are to complete an ongoing collection or or start a new collection! :lol:

Ok after being molested by the Ball End Tech last night I thought I would see what you guys think about this razor. The handle is so tiny!!!
Here is a pic of it sitting next to my Slim.
Seriously it is small and skinny. Is this the original handle? It doesn't seem small enough for a travel handle. Let me know what you think. Thinking about putting my Merkur long handle on it and giving it another twirl. Lol what can I say...
Yesterday my wife said there is "ANOTHER" box for you on the porch. Is that "ANOTHER" razor. Haha I am out of control. And thankful for it. :)))))?
proxy.php

Ok after being molested by the Ball End Tech last night I thought I would see what you guys think about this razor. The handle is so tiny!!!
Seriously it is small and skinny. Is this the original handle? It doesn't seem small enough for a travel handle. Let me know what you think. Thinking about putting my Merkur long handle on it and giving it another twirl. Lol what can I say...
Yesterday my wife said there is "ANOTHER" box for you on the porch. Is that "ANOTHER" razor. Haha I am out of control. And thankful for it. :)))))?
proxy.php
That a genuine, original ball-end Tech handle. I'm not a fan of it.

I use a fat handle with a half ounce of Tungsten added or my gold Silver Star handle. I used to use an ATT Kronos handle, but it's been a while since I've used it.

$uploadfromtaptalk1462456377259.jpg

proxy.php

Edit:

The postwar oblong slot Tech came with both the ball end and fat handle.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with that handle, anything longer than three inches is for doing yard work! Your thumb and two fingers go on the handle, so as long as you're not an ogre, the ball end is fine.

Nothing wrong with that handle, anything longer than three inches is for doing yard work! Your thumb and two fingers go on the handle, so as long as you're not an ogre, the ball end is fine.

Good point!!!! I was man handling that baby last night. Probably what led to my molestation.
Do you use a Slim? Man I love my slim.

I have 40+ razors and I think I "need" all of them, just for my sanity. And besides until I get 365 I won't have one for every day forcing me to choose. ;-)

Top Bottom