What's new

Doctor Who - Warning, Spoilers!

proxy.php
Loved that Comic Relief bit.

I haven't decided yet where to put Malcolm Tucker in the list, so ... he'll stay on the sidelines until I've digested a couple seasons.
I'm hoping for some Malcomesque moments now that he's on his lonesome. Will have to be PG Malcolm, but you can do a lot with the right script....

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I actually liked Donna. With the younger Doctors I got tired of the whole romantic undertone. Donna was so "I'm not into you" that I enjoyed it.
I agree. They were just good friends. That was nice, and she made me laugh a lot.

I actually liked Donna. With the younger Doctors I got tired of the whole romantic undertone. Donna was so "I'm not into you" that I enjoyed it.
Me, too. She reminded me of someone from Brooklyn or Jersey. Didn't take any crap and wasn't afraid to tell you what she though.

I sometimes think that they hired Catherine Tate to make Tennant quit.

I have to admit that I didn't like her at all for her first couple of appearances. She was pretty unlikable. When her marriage to be crumbled and she saw that she was being used by the groom, it was a turning point. After that, I grew to like Donna a lot. Like the others said, I think it helped a lot that there was no romantic angle between the two and that she challenged The Doctor. She and Tennant had one of my all time favorite scenes since the new series started. (At the time of this scene, I believe Donna and the Doctor hadn't seen each other for several years.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that I'm thinking about it, Donna was probably my favorite companion of the new Doctor. I'd probably rank them so:

Donna
Amy Pond
Rose Tyler
Clara Oswald
Martha Jones

I'm not counting Rory, Mickey, Capt. Jack, or River Song because they were kind of in and out.

Bump for 't'other Tony :)

Watched some of Face the Raven. Even more intense when you know, rather than suspect, just what is about to come

I thought he was playing Myst until the thing started chasing him. Then it was sorta like Lara Croft's mansion from TR2 where you're forever followed by the butler.

Either way, that was a good one.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
That was some Doctor stuff. Really working with the idea of immortality and regeneration. And, well, Gallifrey.

I liked that episode almost as much as the comment about playing Myst (something that both Mrs. TL and I spent beaucoup time doing)

Still haven't seen Heaven Sent. Been putting it off because I know it will keep me up all night thinking about it.
Will go for a twofer tomorrow. For once, Saturday night is clear.

Top Bottom