What's new

Is Cella really that good?

cella is indeed a great all-around soap.
good performance, nice scent.
excellent value.
the very best...possibly not.
just a joy to shave with, as i did today.

proxy.php

Love the stuff. It's especially good in a heated scuttle. Gives off a pleasant aroma and feels great on the skin. A regular in my repertoire.

+1
It's the tallow & almond oil that does it. For the price of a 1kg brick, it's the best soap out there. No question. Is it the best soap period? Maybe. But there's alot of good stuff out there. As I said many times: We're talking about shaving soaps, not sending rockets to the moon. :wink2:

I used Cella from the brick this morning as a shave stick in a twist-up container. Superb. Love the stuff!

Works really well this way, although I think it works really well any way you use it.

Cella is fantastic and lasts for ages.

Question, How does it compare to TFS soaps?

They are are on my radar.

What would you guys say is the scent of Cella? Is it similar to Razorock Classic? That's what I can imagine it smelling like from things that I've read about it.

Definitely!

It has been the only soap I've used for over 2 years. Slick, protective, wonderful scent (marzipan, cherry-almond), and a bargain when you buy the kilo brick.

I love the fact is has very few, pure ingredients that haven't changed for over a 100 years. It doesn't has too. It has already reached perfection for me. :thumbup:

Yes, IMO, it really is that good. Love it: love the scent, love the slickness, love the ease in building lather. I dig MWF...but it take a little more time to build lather so I use the MWF primarily on the weekends when I have the extra time. During the week I grab Cella - I KNOW I'll always build a productive lather quickly...regardless if I'm using a board, badger, or synthetic.

Yep, its that good. Used it this morning after quite an absence, provided a wonderful shave. Awesome stuff.

Come to think of it, any Italian 'croap' is awesome stuff.

Top Bottom