What's new

Is Cella really that good?

After a bit more than a year DE shaving with mostly Pre De Provence soap, and occasionally GFT Coconut cream, I've decided to try Cella...

Although most shaves I still can't get a perfect lather (even following Marco's Method), I'm very impressed with how well it works... Very slick, and leaves my face feeling amazing all day!

Is it the tallow? The few ingredients? Can't imagine how some of the most regarded soaps perform if Cella is just amazing so far...

I enjoy Cella. It hangs with some much higher priced soaps. I believe the tallow and almond oil help...
Glad Cella is working for you!

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
It's just a good soap formula from top to bottom that's withstood the test of time. There are members who consider it the best performing soap around regardless of price. It's great stuff.

Although i use it less these days, Cella is in my opinion, one of the best out there. Its affordable, smells terrific, its performance is really top notch. To me, it'll always be one of my all time favorite classics.

Cella not only had a great sweet almond smell which I love, it is pretty slick. I have some 200 gms of the soft soap cut from a one kilo brick from a few years ago pushed in to a stainless steel container. The scent has not gone away and the performance remains stellar to date. All I take care is to dry the soap by exposing it to air for some hours before putting the lid on. Its one of my must have soaps.

I like it because of how easy it is to lather. Performance wise I don't think it's that special.

Interesting... I wish I could get a good lather every time but still learning... For my second pass it's usually thin and bubbly... I'm probably adding too much water...

It's the tallow & almond oil that does it. For the price of a 1kg brick, it's the best soap out there. No question. Is it the best soap period? Maybe. But there's alot of good stuff out there. As I said many times: We're talking about shaving soaps, not sending rockets to the moon. :wink2:

It really is that amazing. I've found lathering in the bowl, and then face lathering with what you have, makes it perfect.

Cella is an elegant solution. It smells great, lathers well, and costs a tenth of some other soaps. It may not be the best: I'd say there are a few soaps out there that smell or lather better - but there is nothing that beats it in all three categories.

+1 on the bowl lathering first. I really like the scent of the Cella and it does provide a great slickness. But because it's so soft, I usually just take a little piece off and put it in my bowl, and lather it there, rather than get the whole puck wet and having to let it dry out.

Is it the best out there? It really depends on your own tastes. YMMV. It's not my #1, but always near the top of the rotation.

Cella was my first "real" (i.e., recommended here on B&B) soap, after many years with Williams Mug Soap, and then the VDH Deluxe that came with a starter kit.

After a hit-miss start (until I learned the Marco Method), I found it to be a very nice soap: slick, easy-to-lather, and with a nice fragrance. It became my weekend/special occasion soap.

It will always be on my team -- but on the second team for the moment, with occasional appearances (Tabac and MWF are the aces of my rotation).

Cella is an elegant solution. It smells great, lathers well, and costs a tenth of some other soaps. It may not be the best: I'd say there are a few soaps out there that smell or lather better - but there is nothing that beats it in all three categories.

+1 on the bowl lathering first. I really like the scent of the Cella and it does provide a great slickness. But because it's so soft, I usually just take a little piece off and put it in my bowl, and lather it there, rather than get the whole puck wet and having to let it dry out.

Is it the best out there? It really depends on your own tastes. YMMV. It's not my #1, but always near the top of the rotation.

Would love to hear which soaps you like better...

Top Bottom