What's new

The Veg More Polarizing Than Politics/Religion

I'm going to get a sniff test this weekend at the barber supply shop. If it smells like urinal cakes or cat urine, I won't get it. I know its supposed to smell different once applied, but my rule is if it smell nice (or even okay) in the bottle, I'll try it.

I personally don't like British Sterling, English Leather, or Old Spice, but they seem to try to have a pleasant smell, and while I don't care for them, they don't repulse me either. I just don't want to wear something repulsive.

I've never tried any. All the reviews make me not want to.

Funny - the reviews had exactly the opposite effect on me - I HAD to try it.

Fortunately it's not expensive.

I splashed some on, and the clouds parted, I was bathed in sunshine and a great scent.

More importantly, my wife walked by, sniffed, and nodded.

I Am Chosen. :thumbup:

--Bob

Funny - the reviews had exactly the opposite effect on me - I HAD to try it.

Fortunately it's not expensive.

I splashed some on, and the clouds parted, I was bathed in sunshine and a great scent.

More importantly, my wife walked by, sniffed, and nodded.

I Am Chosen. :thumbup:

--Bob
Yay!!!!! Another for the flock

I think I'm chosen. Got to smell test a bottle today. I did not smell cat urine. I smelled mostly lilac, but noticed the scent changed. Got a faint whiff of what could be (and some have) described as urinal cake. I was going to buy, but the store's website lists the bottle for half of what it is on the shelf at the store. I was pressed for time and didn't want to haggle.

I'd say that the smell was odd and unusual, or hard to describe, but certainly not unpleasant. Maybe next time...

Last edited:
I think I'm chosen. Got to smell test a bottle today. I did not smell cat urine. I smelled mostly lilac, but noticed the scent changed. Got a faint whiff of what could be (and some have) described as urinal cake. I was going to buy, but the store's website lists the bottle for half of what it is on the shelf at the store. I was pressed for time and didn't want to haggle.

I'd say that the smell was odd and unusual, or hard to describe, but certainly not unpleasant. Maybe next time...
The veg is a cruel but fair mistress! She will let you know once it touches the skin of you are among the chosen... Or the cat peed

I'm going to buy it and try it tomorrow for sure. It passed the sniff test out of the bottle. We'll see how it reacts with my skin and body chemistry. I'll get the smallest (6 oz.) bottle just in case I'm not chosen.

If you mean littered as in the way my cat is littered, I'm with you, but "with mythos"?

"Honey, Kitty left a puddle of mythos on the floor."

This is a custom title waiting to happen.....

(Hmmm...hating the Veg is entertaining. Still chosen, though. Darn.)

What what?! Such discontent among those who the veg simply has not chosen?! Have you done the correct purifying rites or are you simply applying and praying as it were? One does not simply rock the veg one must allow the veg to rock them!

Exactly!

I was not chosen until after decanting into a glass bottle and allowing the plastic that had been absorbed to filter out. now, every time I wear it, SWMBO follows me around after catching a whiff....

marty

I don't understand the whole chosen thing. Does this stuff irritate the skin a lot.

Can someone explain this?

Nope no irritation at all.

the phrase "Chosen" is used as there seems to be very little middle ground, you either enjoy the fresh fragrance of the glorious Lilac Vegetal (hence Chosen), or by some twist of fate you hate it and make up silly description to try an explain off your dislike (hence scorned),

Purchased today. My sniff test the other day wasn't too bad. Today, opening the cap, some of the product spilled out on my hand and on the sink vanity. Smells strongly like a bunch of assorted wildflowers crushed and ground in your hand....which also happens to smell like a deodorant urinal cake. I already shaved this morning, so I'll try it out tomorrow morning. Hope my body chemistry alters the smell a bit. Report to follow tomorrow.

Top Bottom