What's new

The Knights of the Veg Table - An Honor Roll Call for the Chosen

I ‘decanted’ for the very first time only last week. My search for a serviceable vessel led me to my local hardware store where I discovered this modest but, imho, elegant new home for my vegetal essence.

$97db7e78-f9c5-4487-9874-68d253f2734d_zpstpguc0ow.jpg

I will now attempt to establish psychic communion with my new vegetal shrine,

$Screen Shot 2015-07-10 at 11.28.24.jpg

and await developments.​

I ‘decanted’ for the very first time only last week. My search for a serviceable vessel led me to my local hardware store where I discovered this modest but, imho, elegant new home for my vegetal essence.

View attachment 593341

I will now attempt to establish psychic communion with my new vegetal shrine,

View attachment 593342

and await developments.​

Phil, you are in for an amazing discovery of what the veg is really capable of

proxy.php
what a simply delightful bottle! We in the high order of the veg are pleased!

I had been lacking in my use of the great elixir, which I started to rectify today with a few generous splashes after my shave.

Well I've had them in glass for four days now. I had my wife test niff each of them
The results.
The Veg, Clean Fresh scent
VBIR , Bolder spice scent
Clubman, No real change, just Fresh
I'll use the Veg in the morning and see if there is more noticeable changes when applied.
Life is good.

Ok, I do like the glass bottles FREEBIRD, makes every look real nice. The Veg on the other hand...

So my order came in last night and I figured before even attempt the Veg I am going to decant and let it sit at least a week. I figured why not just eliminate potential negativity in my life, besides, it improved the Special Reserve immensely. WELL I spilled a little on my finger so I decided to wipe that little bit on my arm to let it dry off and see what it smelled like. After a little while my arm didn't smell too bad, it didn't really get a good enough amount to be worth passing judgment on.

My finger however! You remember the old trick from when you were a young lad and someone would come up and say "hey smell my finger"? I am now thinking my friends might have been having me smell Lilac Vegital. My finger kind of smelled like the chemical "fart" bombs kids would set of in the cafeteria, unpleasant but not toxic. I did detect a slight floral maybe powdery scent that might just need time in the bottle to bloom, so I have decanted and shelved the Veg for now and will report back after a week or so.

On the possibly not so off chance the Veg an I don't get off to a good start, I may break this 12oz bottle down into some smaller glass bottles and include in a future PIF or PIFs. "...this PIF brought to you by the Veg that started it all!"

Several days of sittin in glass has helped mellow the green "goddess" of stink. I am now able to apply liberally and not find any objectionable odor, only the first hint of Lilac. I don't know about "fresh" but my wife has said fresh and floral the same as FREEBIRD's wife.

It has been mentioned that much attention is paid to the scent out of the bottle but little has been said about after the dry down. I don't get much of a dry down scent. What I DO get is an occasional "re-warm" of sorts. If I get a little warm around the collar (if...it is HOT and I DO get hot, I wear a shirt and tie all day) I get a new release of scent. As the day goes on the scent seems to change to a less desirable one.

Funny that the two most polarizing Pinaud scents (special reserve and Lilac vegetal) have the LONGEST darn lingering time.

I suppose I have been chosen...for what special purpose I do not know. Perhaps as cooler weather approaches I will be called upon to once again smell like the Lilacs of spring, but for now...the back shelf beckons.

Thanks to @CBLindsay for sending me a small sample of this most mysterious of scents. Having now used it a few times, and though initially taken aback and then perplexed by its metamorphosis (or perhaps mine), I can now say that I am among the chosen and find myself drawn by its siren-call aroma. Perhaps not daily, but it is always there on the shelf, beckoning "return, return to me."

I doth pledge my allegiance to The Veg Table!

Thanks to @CBLindsay for sending me a small sample of this most mysterious of scents. Having now used it a few times, and though initially taken aback and then perplexed by its metamorphosis (or perhaps mine), I can now say that I am among the chosen and find myself drawn by its siren-call aroma. Perhaps not daily, but it is always there on the shelf, beckoning "return, return to me."

I doth pledge my allegiance to The Veg Table!

Welcome to the glorious order of the Chosen!!! :Veg:

I love the smell of the veg and I am not the only one. A few of my female coworkers complimented me on the scent of my aftershave, on how subtle and masculinethe scent was.

I am proud to wear it!

I love the smell of the veg and I am not the only one. A few of my female coworkers complimented me on the scent of my aftershave, on how subtle and masculinethe scent was.

I am proud to wear it!

Glad to hear it! I got similar compliments from family members, specifically my daughter and my 5 year old granddaughter. When I told my daughter about some folks' negative reactions to the scent she was genuinely perplexed.

Welcome to our noble order! :biggrin1:

Welcome to the order.

However I caution the newer Knights, that The Veg does require complete loyalty, both in usage and discussion, and this ever fickle siren, does indeed, change her mind every so often. Early in my Knighthood I was given this same warning; Respect her, use her liberally when applied, and do not talk down to her, or even hint of such and defend the Great Queen to all who may disdain her.

My harrowing experience early on was to ignore the warnings of the Elder Knights among us, and took part in the jocularity that "The Veg" is so known for. She was listening, and she brought a wrath on me that will always haunt my nightmares. I was un-chosen!! Although rare it does happen if she thinks you are mocking her. The smells she transformed into were biblical in nature, and permeated my clothes, my shave den, my socks. Cats, Humans and the elderly ran from me in horrific nature. I was banned into the desert of the formerly chosen. I was being punished.

After about 2-months I appealed to her better judgement and offered sacrifice of Broccoli, Kale, dirty Converse, and Grand Central Station Urinal cakes, of which she accepted. The next morning the sun was a little brighter the angels were singing and I was was again a Knight of the Veg Table, I will never suffer that horror again.

So take heed the newest of you Good Knights. Respect "The Veg!" :lol:

Welcome to the order.

However I caution the newer Knights, that The Veg does require complete loyalty, both in usage and discussion, and this ever fickle siren, does indeed, change her mind every so often. Early in my Knighthood I was given this same warning; Respect her, use her liberally when applied, and do not talk down to her, or even hint of such and defend the Great Queen to all who may disdain her.

My harrowing experience early on was to ignore the warnings of the Elder Knights among us, and took part in the jocularity that "The Veg" is so known for. She was listening, and she brought a wrath on me that will always haunt my nightmares. I was un-chosen!! Although rare it does happen if she thinks you are mocking her. The smells she transformed into were biblical in nature, and permeated my clothes, my shave den, my socks. Cats, Humans and the elderly ran from me in horrific nature. I was banned into the desert of the formerly chosen. I was being punished.

After about 2-months I appealed to her better judgement and offered sacrifice of Broccoli, Kale, dirty Converse, and Grand Central Station Urinal cakes, of which she accepted. The next morning the sun was a little brighter the angels were singing and I was was again a Knight of the Veg Table, I will never suffer that horror again.

So take heed the newest of you Good Knights. Respect "The Veg!" :lol:
So noted wise one.

I have pledge to honor the Veg so much that I am currently in the process of scenting a puck of Williams with the green goddes AND developing a soap of my own making that is finished with the essence of the goddes. If all goes well some unsuspecting B&B folk may find a sample in thier mailbox.

Top Bottom