What's new

Morning Shaver Or Night Shaver?

Afternoon/night shaver. I have more time to invest in a quality shave and a little stubble is the new clean-shaven in terms of looks! Shaving in the afternoon/night gives me just the right amount of stubble in the morning!

I usually shave before bed, mostly because I like to take my time and wet-shaving is extremely relaxing to me. I have also shaved in the mornings, following a hot shower. Both are good times.

I prefer to shave in the morning and enjoy the nice face feel throughout the day. But sometimes have to shave at night, especially if I have to rush the next morning.

I flipflop between the two. My last two shaves have been night and the three before that were morning. I usually shave around 5 days a week and its the times that I miss a day that I switch, ie. shave in the morning, don't shave next morning but shave at night or shave at night, don't shave the next night but the morning after that. Haha, try to follow that puzzle...

If I can, I love night because it gives me more time to engage in "self care", as I like to call it. Nothing like having an hour to shower, and prep the whole ceremony in a leisurely fashion. Maybe I'm sick, but I love going slow and making a whole ordeal out of it.

Every time I shave at night my 5 o'clock shadow around noon the next day reminds me I'd have been better off not shaving at all. Prefer to shave in the morning.

Morning, after my shower. I'll shave in the evening to clean up any shadow if I'm going to some social (usually formal) event. I'll shower in the evening after lots of time outdoors or doing yard or farm work. I mostly work in an A/C environment, so I don't get dirty, nor usually sweat during the day.

Almost exclusively a morning shaver, because of work. Every once in a while Iwill shave at night, depending if I am on vacation etc.

It varies. On my days off, I'll shave when I feel like it. Right now, I only tend to shave about two times a week as I am practicing with going ATG and I'm still getting nicks. The multiple days in between my shaves gives my skin a break from the abuse. I try to avoid shaving on work days if I can, but if I feel I'm particularly scruffy, I'll go for a CCS in the afternoon (I generally work in the evening) following a shower.

Last edited:
Personally I shave before bed. My skin seems to heal up better when I having a nights worth of sleep to recoup from a shave, that's not to say that it breaks out when I shave in the morning. It's just that my skin overall feels healthier this way for some reason. But of course that means the 5 o'clock shadow comes early.
Same here plus I have more time to shave .

Top Bottom