What's new

will a bamboo bowl absorb creams

I have just bought a bamboo bowl and i know it can hold a puck just fine but is it any good for shaving creams...???

Shellac, varnish, oil finish. If it's an untreated bowl, the bamboo sections will start separating, due to the moisture content in the soap/cream lather.

I have just bought a bamboo bowl and i know it can hold a puck just fine but is it any good for shaving creams...???

Several years ago I picked up a beautiful bamboo shaving bowl for just a few bucks at a local discount store(Marshalls). I was attracted to its very light weight,unbreakability(if dropped on my tile floor),and its overall beauty. I sealed it with a few coats of shellac and it has lasted for several years. Its by far,the best and most useful shaving bowl I've ever owned. Just remember to seal yours.

Craig

Several years ago I picked up a beautiful bamboo shaving bowl for just a few bucks at a local discount store(Marshalls). I was attracted to its very light weight,unbreakability(if dropped on my tile floor),and its overall beauty. I sealed it with a few coats of shellac and it has lasted for several years. Its by far,the best and most useful shaving bowl I've ever owned. Just remember to seal yours.

Craig[/QUO
The only shellac i can find is nail polish lol

So i rub all og the inside with baby oil and the bowl will absorb it so it wont absorb anything else...???
Yes. If the bowl is completely dry, it should absorb quite a bit of oil. Rub it with oil, inside and outside the bowl, and let it dry. When it's dry, apply another coat of oil, and let it dry. Just remember that you'll have to reapply oil in the future, as the oil will eventually wash away.

Yes. If the bowl is completely dry, it should absorb quite a bit of oil. Rub it with oil, inside and outside the bowl, and let it dry. When it's dry, apply another coat of oil, and let it dry. Just remember that you'll have to reapply oil in the future, as the oil will eventually wash away.

how long will a coat last ca...?

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Oh. I read that as "baby seal oil," and I was thinking, "Oh great, I need another product, and brutally harvested, at that."

AA

Oh. I read that as "baby seal oil," and I was thinking, "Oh great, I need another product, and brutally harvested, at that."

AA
$uploadfromtaptalk1437080767856.gif

Top Bottom