What's new

Cigar Advice - I love Padron 3000

Hey fellas, It's been a while since I have posted here...got a quick question.

I'm looking to purchase a box of cigars but do not want to pay $150 for Padron 3000's...while they are one of my fav's I don't have it in the budget. I;m a big fan of maduro / medium to full bodied smoke. I enjoy Arturo Fuente Short Story's and Hemingways.

For this purchase, I'd like to stay around $3-$4 per cigar...

After perusing many cigar sites I am overwhelmed by the amount of choices these days and by the different brands I have never heard of...I used to work at a Cigar Shop in college and have tried tons...I have also kept my humidor stocked for the past 20 years but I'm getting low again and wanted to branch out.

I would love to hear recommendations based on what I've written above...

Thanks Fellow Gentleman of the Brown Leaf,

tobe

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
yeah $3-$4 per is a tough range to get some consistent quality, and almost imposable if you are buying singles.

The Padron's are actually a pretty good value considering they are boxes of 26 vs the boxes of 20 that seams to be the norm now. If you go with a box of the slightly smaller 2000s you can get them for $5.20 a piece with free shipping from CI, although the 3000s are still a good deal at $6 a piece by the box.

I have never tried them although I have wanted to for a long time, but but the Tampa Sweetheart bundles are right in your price range. They are rolled by apprentice rollers for Fuente. http://www.tampasweethearts.com/tampasweethearts.aspx

Oh, yeah, I forgot about Tampa Sweethearts. Decent smokes for the price, but inconsistencies and defects in construction made me decide to stop buying them years ago. However, for anyone who likes Fuentes and needs to pinch pennies, they are a viable option.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Premium House Selection from Ashton is the best bang for your buck cigar out there, in a Toro size. I get them for $3.00 each and they smoke more like a $5-6 stick.

Men,

Thanks for all the advice!

I ended up going with:

Box of 20 - Puros Indios Maduro Robusto
CAO Cuban Box Pressed Sampler (12 cigars)
5 pack - Arturo Fuente Hemingway Short Story

37 cigars for $105 delivered = $2.83 / stick (door to door)!

Last edited:
Bit late to the party but dont rule out Sancho Panza cigars. The double maduro are an outstanding cigar. You are between 2.75 and 3.50 per cigar depending on what you get.

Not maduro, but Famous Smoke's Nicaraguan 3000 torpedoes are a very good approximation of Padron naturals. A mazo of 20 will be $49.95 unless they're on sale. A house blend, but very well made, great taste, and a fantastic value.

For an inexpensive smoke, I second the Nic 3000 at Famous or the Sancho Panzas and will add the Oba Oba by Perdomo at Best Cigar Prices. These are all cigars I typically smoke on the golf course, while fishing or putzing around the garage/yard.

Top Bottom