What's new

I'm Free - Mortgage Free that is.

We paid our old house off a few years back. That, of course, inspired my wife to sell our house, build a new, bigger one and adopt another mortgage :mad3:.

Congrats, Bruce. It's a great feeling that truly trascends the mere feeling of financial relief.

Thanks guys, it does feel good.

We didn't make a whole lot of extra payments, can't remember the last time we made one. The best thing we ever did was to switch to Weekly payments. It shaved years off the life of the mortgage and saved us thousands of dollars in interest in the long run.

Congrats Bruce, I'm about 3.5 years away from that myself.

:thumbup1:

Last edited:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Congrats- I will be their in a little over a year. When I bought the house I could have done a 15 or 30 year mortgage. I borrowed $110k. After 15 years, the total cost was around $170k. After 30 it would be over $300. The house payments are higher, and it has been tough from time to time, but it was a no brainer. When I am done I am buying my Grail watch- an Omega Speedmastern Pro. Anything Apollo program floats my boat.

Thanks guys, it does feel good.

We didn't make a whole lot of extra payments, can't remember the last time we made one. The best thing we ever did was to switch to Weekly payments. It shaved years off the life of the mortgage and saved us thousands of dollars in interest in the long run.

:thumbup1:

that's a good point, Bruce. Weekly is the way to go if one has the means to do it. Saved us thousands of dollars as well.

Great news!

I just bought my house last year so I'm not anywhere near paying off. Closest will be when I am free up $1600 per month in infant daycare costs.

Top Bottom