What's new

face lotion with sunscreen?

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Can anyone recommend a good face lotion with sunscreen in it for daily use in the summer? My skin is on the oilyish side of the spectrum, and I tend to get acne (which traditional shaving with good prep and a brush has cut down a lot, BTW). Thanks.

I enjoy using Jack Black's Double Duty Moisturizer. Feels great on the face and absorbs very well. It has broad spectrum 20 SPF protection.

I must put on sunscreen daily and have not really found a moisturizer that will also provide a good sunscreen (I'm of Scottish/English descent - very fair skin, red hair, etc). After my shave I use Simpsons Balm (unscented) and then apply Neutrogena sunscreen over this, last thing before I leave the house. I think it also depends on how much sun exposure you will have, too, but trust me - you can never be too careful when it comes to the sun.

I'm curious to know what others have tried, or have found what works for them?

:001_cool:

This is what I use every day.

proxy.php

For drug store - Neutrogena spf `100+ is excellent. For department store - moisturizer combo anything from Clarins. Clarins started out as a sunscreen company way back when. Cannot recc. them enough. But I am very fair (Swedish decent - red hair and blank piece of paper white skin tone).

I use Khiels Faciel Fuel moisturizer with 15 SPF and I'm prone to breakouts but am o.k. with this.ymmv.

I was looking on the Khiels website, and I noticed the reviews were critical of the 'new formula' and that it was smelly, difficult to rub in, etc. Do you have any experience/thoughts?

I'm in a similar position with break out prone skin, but the regular facial fuel has been OK for me.

I was just about to buy some with the sun protection online until I read that. And it doesn't seem to be available here in Europe, so being able to figure out for myself with a tester isn't simple.

I'm using a large tube I bought last year. I didn't know they had changed formulas, just read those reviews and am bummed.:mad3:

I bought some anyhow, just got my hands on it. I'll see how my skin fairs and report back. It didn't smell bad to me, which was one comment.

Cerave's AM lotion is decent - specifically states it is non comedodgenic and has SPF. Think it's pretty cheap over in the U.S. As well.

I bought some anyhow, just got my hands on it. I'll see how my skin fairs and report back. It didn't smell bad to me, which was one comment.

Been using the Khiels factor 15 for a month or so now. I don't use it every day, probably the longest would be 5 days over last weekend. Seems to suit me well, no noticeable issues with breakouts or other reactions.

My wife has been using it also, she had a reaction to the womens clinic stuff, but the Kheils seems ok for her also.

It was 20% off in one of their London stores last weekend. Wish I'd got some more.

Top Bottom