What's new

Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum-Can it really be this good?

Haven't tried the blues but the blacks match perfect in my 1960 Fatboy, I also use the Polsilver that I find smoother but not as sharp.

Just had my first shave with the blues and had 100 more ordered before the Aqua Velva dried on my face.

So GAD and Hendrix99 are you alive? TGP is down for the transition now. What can we do? Our lives have no meaning anymore now.

Boge: Finally received my trial Gillette Rubie blades. I'll have my first shave with a Rubie tomorrow a.m. Had I not shaved this morning, I'd be shaving a Rubie. After using the Gillette Blacks for several days, I found they began feeling a bit unpleasant on my skin--they shaved great, but I felt a cumulative harshness, not good for me. They were fine in an RR Baby Smooth I had; but in my 34C, they've become less than smooth. So it goes, we try blades, analyze our results, and, if necessary, move on.

So, Sunday is Rubie day for me. I've already loaded the blade in anticipation of tomorrow. Again, thanks for information, Boge.

proxy.php

Last edited:
...After using the Gillette Blacks for several days, I found they began feeling a bit unpleasant on my skin--they shaved great, but I felt a cumulative harshness, not good for me...

I am not a fan of the blacks for the same reason: to me they are a tad harsh.

...Again, thanks for information, Boge.

proxy.php

You're welcome. Just remember to give me a big tip if you like them. I accept Paypal. :lol:

Brother, you know I appreciate the assist! If you can cash the above, I've got many more we can share.

Boge: Had my first shave with a Rubie this a.m. My assessment? I love the blade! It was the smoothest of the many blades I've used over decades of shaving; and it was ever-so-smooth against my skin--zero irritation, 100% comfort for a close and efficient shave in my 34C. In fact, it is the best blade I've used in this Merkur. The accolades you paid the blade were spot on. I never thought a DE could shave so effortlessly and efficiently. My skin has never felt so good during my shave and after shaving; and my skin was still a bit sensitive after having used the Blacks. Nonetheless, even with slightly more than usual sensitive skin, I had no problem getting a close and comfortable shave.

I have to ask: how many shaves do you get from one Rubie? Do you rinse the blade in water or dip it in alcohol after shaving?

My next step is to place an order. Blades by Boge--I can see the website! Thank you so much for the referral--it is greatly appreciated.

So GAD and Hendrix99 are you alive? TGP is down for the transition now. What can we do? Our lives have no meaning anymore now.

I'm barely making it, just a shell of the man I once was without TGP! But used my new ATT M2 today and it was awesome!

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
You guys are bad for my acquisition disorders. Just ordered the 84 pack of the Blacks, and the 100 pack of the Blues. Still have an unopened 50 pack for the GSBs that I have not had a chance to try. So this will be a Gillette summer. LOL.

Top Bottom