What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Ralph Aust in Horn Scales, Sandal Wood Shaving Soap, Thater Two Band STB, Mahogany Woods Cologne.

proxy.php
Very nice ! You are this section's "De Beers" shaver !

Titan
View attachment 569761
And I can confirm. Even a stainless steel razor will rust.
The other side of the blades has some spot. The razor was well dried, but stored in my travel bag for a few weeks next to a humid badger. That was enough apparently.
You have my sympathies. But I can't help wondering. Are you sure that it was the badger? You didn't have any used gym socks in the bag by chance?

Sorry, my sense of humour isn't very subtle. I do hope that the spots will come if with a fine grit sand paper.

Titan
View attachment 569761
And I can confirm. Even a stainless steel razor will rust.
The other side of the blades has some spot. The razor was well dried, but stored in my travel bag for a few weeks next to a humid badger. That was enough apparently.

I used to work with a stainless steel piping & sheet metal guy that whenever I pointed out some rust coloring on his work he would say..."It's called stain-LESS not stain-FREE". :lol:

Kanayama #3 Strop
Simpsons Chubby 1 Super Badger
MDC Fougere (wow as always!)
Floid Blue AS

Joseph Elliot's, "Best Silver Steel".

$SOTD-JOEELLJIOTBESTSILVER STEEL0150507.jpg

$CAM00782.jpg

My first vintage straght,got it from the gentleman deals and meet him in berkley yesterday to get it, thanks again Howard

Gold Dollar 300, rehoned once again and as sharp as can be. It delivered the requested three pass BBS shave without complaints, but I still prefer a more hollow ground razor. Yes I know, I´m a spoiled whining little boy. No I´m not, I´m a grumpy old bastard.:001_smile

$GD300.jpg

Top Bottom