What's new

Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum-Can it really be this good?

However, his shipping is $11.00 to the USA. I bought from him on Ebay before when shipping was free. Those days are gone.

Boge: I figure if I like Gillette Rubie blades, at $11 shipping, I should buy in bulk. One doesn't know how long they'll be available from Ukraine.

I remember when many of the ebay sellers included shipping. My Rubie blades will come in by the end of the week--USPS has no empathy for wet-shavers. I'll continue to use Gillette SP blades until my shipment from Jason arrives. I was going to try a Feather in the 34C; but the Gillette is so smooth and efficient, no need to test a Hi-Stainless. Between the Gillete's SP and Rubie, methinks I'll have found my blade. Again, if it weren't for you, I'd never have looked into trying this blade.

I just checked the listing, tempting........ GAD always gets me into trouble! I don't need these, but somehow I feel compelled to buy 300 of them to add to the drawer. I mean, there are only about 1600 in there right now, what will I do 10 years from now when I run out?

Hey now, don't go blaming your lack of self control on me! It's not my fault I discover all the cool stuff first. :001_cool:

I'm not sure if this is accurate, but what used to be black packaging/wrapper is now blue in color. Both are super platinum blades, but the earlier made 7 O'clock Super Platinum blades made in Russia; these days they are made in India. I checked to see where the Gillette Super Platinum I tried was manufactured, and it was India.

No, it is not accurate. The 7 O'Clock Blue SP's were and are made in Russia. Many ebay vendors show photos of the Russian Blue SP's and ship the Black Indian blades. Black is still black...........

From my shipment of 100 Russian 7 O'Clock Blues a few weeks back.

proxy.php

proxy.php

I was on my 4th shave with one this morning.

proxy.php

Last edited:
No, it is not accurate. The 7 O'Clock Blue SP's were and are made in Russia. Many ebay vendors show photos of the Russian Blue SP's and ship the Black Indian blades. Black is still black...........

Bobcat: Thank you for the clarification--I stand corrected.

I haven't tried the Russia-made Gillette SP blades; therefore, my comments reflect India-manufactured GSP blades alone, which have been excellent performers for me.

I will send you a 5-pack if you want to try the Russian's. PM me your mailing address.

The Indian Blacks are an excellent blade.

so I tried the blue 7 oclock today for the first time, it was a very very smooth shave.
I am not sure if it's a psychological effect from hearing good things about blue ones vs black (despite black being good as well), but blue was smoother than how I remember black ones shaved.

If I recall correctly, black ones felt slightly rough on my skin, even though they shaved very very well.

Is there anyone who has done a blind test between blue and black ones?

Blix! I'm the other shaving addict over at TGP (Hendrix99). Just use my pseudonym here.

I've held strong and not ordered these........yet. Love the 7 O'clock yellows and blacks, and also my feathers, polsilvers, GSB, and med preps. Don't really need another variety of blade, but then again I don't really need any of the stuff I have bought recently. I'll reconsider this weekend!

Blix! I'm the other shaving addict over at TGP (Hendrix99). Just use my pseudonym here.

I've held strong and not ordered these........yet. Love the 7 O'clock yellows and blacks, and also my feathers, polsilvers, GSB, and med preps. Don't really need another variety of blade, but then again I don't really need any of the stuff I have bought recently. I'll reconsider this weekend!

Doors closing. Buy before they disappear or before they jumo to $45/100blades

Hehe, good to see you too here. :) I have 25 coming, haven't tried new blades in ages so why not.

I keep putting several hundred in my cart, then bailing. I can't just order a few, because then if I like them and they disappear I'll be super pissed!

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Hey, man, if you find your soul mate blade, you just load up and don't worry about nickels and dimes.

I will send you a 5-pack if you want to try the Russian's. PM me your mailing address.

The Indian Blacks are an excellent blade.

Bobcat: very kind of you to make this offer. I have a buddy who uses the Russia-made Super Platinum and he's sending a few of them to me. I do like the Blacks, but now I'm curious about the Blues. I also have some Gillette Rubie blades coming in to check. Again, thank you for the kind offer. --Roger

I've been DE shaving for about six months and have been trying different blades (about seven to this point) the entire time. The Blacks are my favorite thus far. To my face, they compare favorably to Feathers in terms of sharpness but are a bit more comfortable. It will take a special blade to displace them atop my list.

Top Bottom