What's new

Any help for polish straight razors' blades

Hi friends,

After i read posts about restaurations of SR's. i started with an old blade to see what i can do and also know my tools (green paste, dremel with different pieces). But i realized every time i have a mirror polish with my blades, i think it looks cool for some blades but for some others i would like to have less polish and doesn't it look as mirror. Do you where is my fault or what i need for have a sober blade?

thanks in advance :001_rolle

Yes, good idea with chemically etching, with ferric chloride and steel wool 000. Or polishing wheel with scotch brit. (or dremel exist also for dremel)

Last edited:
Start with 500 grit sand paper and go to coarser 400, 300, etc.paper until you get what you want.

Interesting, I just started using sandpaper to remove stains and polish my blades and got far better results than a dremel felt pad and polishing paste. Now you are saying to go with a regression of sandpaper grit to get something other than a shiny finish. I just might try that with one of my practice blades.

thanks guys, actually i started from all begining to end with sandpapers. the result is not bad at all.

just a think i remarked one of my blade are broken, while i'm searching on B&B i saw some members arrived to cut this broken part and repaired the blade and ready to use it. i was wondering what tool(s) do i need to cut this broken part on the extremity of the blade? :001_huh:it's a solingen but i don't rather to throw a blade, even i can repair it.

Top Bottom