What's new

Anderson Pen Inks?

Has anyone here used Anderson Pen inks from Anderson Pens? I'm thinking about picking up some and wondering how they would compare to Diamine and others like that. Being a Wisconsinite, the names have a nice, homey ring to them.

I believe they are a reformulated version of Scribal Work Shop for better flow, but I know nothing of Scribal to know if that's a good thing or not.

Yes, they are reformulated scribal inks. I've used some Scribal inks. There are a couple in the travelling box, too.

They worked well for me. Some people complained of dryness, so Troy/Taylor/Tony/something with a T... made them a little wetter. He was active for a little while on fpgeeks for fpn.

I'd have no problem buying something from the Andersons. Good people.

You may be thinking of Tyler, who is Organics Studio, not Scribal. Scribal is Lucas Tucker. Organics Studio ceased production when Tyler moved to NYC, but he has since announced that he will again be making small batches soon.

Thanks for the feedback, Rick and MonoTiki. I'll probably get a few samples down the road and give them a try.

You may be thinking of Tyler, who is Organics Studio, not Scribal. Scribal is Lucas Tucker. Organics Studio ceased production when Tyler moved to NYC, but he has since announced that he will again be making small batches soon.

Nope, I wasn't confusing them. I know about them both. "Tucker" begins with a "T"... ;)

I have Oshkosh Denim and Green Bay. These are reformulated Scribal Workshop inks. I have found both to be very dry, very chalky. The blue is nearly unusable in any pen but gushers. The green isn't as bad but still suffers. Too bad because the colors are decent.

And Brian and Lisa are good people.

Top Bottom