What's new

Traveling Ink Box

I won't be able to join in on the fun this time around. I'm still pretty new to FPs so I wouldn't have much to contribute and my house was just listed for sale and we have a contract pending. If all goes well it looks like I will be moving in the next 60 days so I really can't take on any more right now. I appreciate your willingness to let me join but it will have be be later down the road.

So... I still have the box. My wife just asked me this afternoon when it was going to leave...

The list looks like this:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Jeff_H - TX
phiqzer - IN
? Thirston - NC
Smilingmonk - OH
PaulT - FL
dgreene120 -FL
(since he wants to be last)

and then there's the maybe Canadian tour.
jefhunter - BC
syngent - ON
Doc4 - BC
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I guess Jeff has lost interest. I'll go all syngent travelling box (c) and say: the next "i want it" post in this thread gets the box. Post here to mark your territory and PM me your address. I'll be home for the weekend and will post it Saturday. Or it will spend another week sitting next to my desk.
I sent you a pm. And also would love the box, new to fp again, looking to quickly try samples , should pass it along quickly once i get it.

I'm interesting in getting involved in the box and try out some inks if that would be OK. Below is the list, but I'm not sure where to add pault and myself to it.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Jeff_H - TX
phiqzer - IN
? Thirston - NC
Smilingmonk - OH
PaulT - FL
dgreene120 -FL (since he wants to be last)

jefhunter - BC
syngent - ON
Doc4 - BC
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Jeff_H - TX
phiqzer - IN
? Thirston - NC
Smilingmonk - OH
PaulT - FL
lowjax - WI

jefhunter - BC
syngent - ON
Doc4 - BC
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

YOU'RE IN. Originally we were trying to ship the box to whomever was closest next, but that idea may have went by the wayside. Anyway, you may be next, or you may be a few shipments down the road.

I got pault's PM so he's next. It will go out on Saturday.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
PaulT - FL
Jeff_H - TX

phiqzer - IN
Smilingmonk - OH
lowjax - WI

jefhunter - BC
syngent - ON
Doc4 - BC
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

1. moved pault to top since he responded first.
2. removed Thirston per his request #161 - Congratulations on the house sale.

Frak. Internet was down. For a while. Sorry about that. Anyway, I still want to be on the list, msg me whenever it's ready to move on.

I got pault's PM so he's next. It will go out on Saturday.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
PaulT - FL
Jeff_H - TX

phiqzer - IN
Smilingmonk - OH
lowjax - WI

jefhunter - BC
syngent - ON
Doc4 - BC
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

1. moved pault to top since he responded first.
2. removed Thirston per his request #161 - Congratulations on the house sale.

I received the box today, opened it to check it out, all looks good except a bag with 4-5 samples. there totally coverered in black or dk blue ink. saturated. I will try and take them out rinse them off and see what they look like.

I am going to be out of town for a few days so will start trying things when I get back. and send it along to the next person ..

I received the box today, opened it to check it out, all looks good except a bag with 4-5 samples. there totally coverered in black or dk blue ink. saturated. I will try and take them out rinse them off and see what they look like.

I am going to be out of town for a few days so will start trying things when I get back. and send it along to the next person ..

Ugg, I'm going to guess it's one of the "samples: 8ml so there's plenty to do a fill-up and continue along to someone else. the cap is a flip-cap, not a screw on so be careful when you open them but if you are, it should be easy-peasy. "

I guess one of the flip-caps, umm, flipped. I've shipped them before, not optimal (screw-on) but they have worked in the past. hopefully, it was just 1 or 2 of them...

Ugg, I'm going to guess it's one of the "samples: 8ml so there's plenty to do a fill-up and continue along to someone else. the cap is a flip-cap, not a screw on so be careful when you open them but if you are, it should be easy-peasy. "

I guess one of the flip-caps, umm, flipped. I've shipped them before, not optimal (screw-on) but they have worked in the past. hopefully, it was just 1 or 2 of them...

So , my fingers are now, blue black, brown, green black blue, red , etc. you get the picture.
I am done, i took out the leaky ones, cleaned the bags and re taped the sample vials and repacked. Hope they dont leak again.
Added schaeffer black bottle, nice ink.
I got a newer box as the old one was squishy, off to texas. Jeff i need your address. Pm. Me.

Jeff in texas. Mailbox is full so i cant. Pm him. Can an admin try to email him to see if he is still interested in the box pass?

I know LouSee had some trouble getting ahold of him, so he was skipped and the box was sent to you. Maybe he still isn't back online again. He was last online Feb 15th, but has not posted at B&B since August of last year.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Seems like his interests may be elsewhere so perhaps not worth risking the ink box getting bogged down.

Jeff in texas. Mailbox is full so i cant. Pm him. Can an admin try to email him to see if he is still interested in the box pass?

I know LouSee had some trouble getting ahold of him, so he was skipped and the box was sent to you. Maybe he still isn't back online again. He was last online Feb 15th, but has not posted at B&B since August of last year.

Seems like his interests may be elsewhere so perhaps not worth risking the ink box getting bogged down.
I agree. Back when I had the box Jeff was next on the list and never replied to my PM's either. I moved onto the next closest person on the list and I think it would be prudent to do the same now as well.

Bad news, everybody. $C360_2015-02-19-19-23-38-639.jpg
So far the damage is severe. A$C360_2015-02-19-19-23-38-639.jpg
At least 3 busted bottles. Both of the Mont Blanc inks have leaks, and there's something else that leaked on must of the bags. I'll keep you'll guys posted and what I can salvage.

Top Bottom