What's new

The Order of the Fat

I kicked off the new year shaving with the Fat - my face feels so good. I've been using it exclusively for the past week and a half since I got my puck, except for yesterday. I'm having trouble even considering using other soaps which are becoming highly jealous of the MWF.

I've been using the Fat over the last two weeks. I'm on a short trip this weekend to visit family, and I didnt want to bring my ceramic bowl or carve off some for travel use. I miss the Fat! I used a Tabac stick, which was nice, but it didn't have the same post-shave feel.

I just got my first MWF in yesterday and when I first opened it up I loved the fresh clean scent. Right after midnight I soaked the puck and took a shower. I was amazed at the lather that whipped up. I had 6 days of growth on my face and I have very coarse hair. With a fresh feather blade in my ej89 that was by a long way the best shave I have ever had. I am now a true believer in the fat. This will now be my regular go to soap. I can't wait to use it with my straight next!
I felt the same way when I used the Fat for the first time. Loved the scent and the lather was the best I had ever whipped up. It is truly one of the best soaps I have ever used. The only soaps that I have used that can compare are artisan soaps. I have some Mike's natural soap that I like a lot but the Fat will always be my favorite. As far as the more mass produced stuff though, the Fat is top notch.

I hope to join the order soon, I am a poor student saving my pennies so I can grab a puck. Wish me good finds in the couch cushions!

I hope to join the order soon, I am a poor student saving my pennies so I can grab a puck. Wish me good finds in the couch cushions!

Just buy the refill. The ceramic dish is nice but not necessary. The Fat can prosper in a little Ziplock tub. Advice from someone who doesn't have a lot to lose in couch cushions.

I lifted many cushions and picked up a puck at Merz's here in Chicago. I can't wait to try it! I am proud to now be a member.

This came from our Russian translator. I don't understand it, but hey, there's sheep.

$Sheep.jpg

Just got some MWF in the mail today. I tried it for the first time a year ago and wasn't impressed. I got a sudsy lather that was too foamy and not creamy and thick. Ended up using it to break in brushes then PIF. Today made some test lathers and while the lather was more foamy than ideal, it was extremely slick and made my hand feel moisturized after palm lathering. Excited to use it regularly. Maybe it's not a pretty lather but an effective one.

Jarick, I get a real thick lather, but I really load my brush, then add just a wee tiny bit more water.

Happy Fat Tuesday, Fatheads!

I typically load my brush for about 60 seconds. I use a drier brush that I normally would with another soap and gradually add water as I build my lather. Da Fat never fails!

It is great to see The Order numbers growing. Long Live Da FAT!

Happy Fat Tuesday brothers. It is absolutely balmy here today. It warmed up overnight to -20C. The Vie Long Horsehair made some excellent lather today. I might like this brush better than my Omega.

I am absolutely in love with the Fat! I was out of town and took the Fat with me...it is just so great post shave for me...yesterday I went with one of my other all time favorites Proraso Blue...and I have to say I missed the MWF...I may just start using it exclusively...especially while it's colder out.

I am absolutely in love with the Fat! I was out of town and took the Fat with me...it is just so great post shave for me...yesterday I went with one of my other all time favorites Proraso Blue...and I have to say I missed the MWF...I may just start using it exclusively...especially while it's colder out.

What about a superlather with MWF and the blue?

Just got some MWF in the mail today. I tried it for the first time a year ago and wasn't impressed. I got a sudsy lather that was too foamy and not creamy and thick. Ended up using it to break in brushes then PIF. Today made some test lathers and while the lather was more foamy than ideal, it was extremely slick and made my hand feel moisturized after palm lathering. Excited to use it regularly. Maybe it's not a pretty lather but an effective one.
I have to agree with the others here. Start with a drier than usual brush and load quite a bit of Fat. Then just add water a tiny bit at a time until you get the desired lather. I get amazing lather doing it this way, even with moderately hard water. It sounds like your lather is too wet and that is why you are getting so much foam. Try starting out much drier and let us know how it works out. I have a feeling you may be quite pleased.

*edited for typo

Top Bottom