What's new

my weird confession.

Ha!!!
I did all those things at first as well, but after eight years I'm the most concerned about my shave and how to improve it. And when I tell people I use a straight razor they think I'm nuts -at first- then I mention how good it is and how I could in theory use one or two razors for the rest of my life instead of filling landfills with plastic cartridges they get more interested.

I'm also a relative youngster in the DE shaving arena at 33, so I find myself wondering of some of my older and wiser co-workers might have some old DEs they'd be willing to send to a good new home...

I started shaving when i was 12 but it was with an electric. Worked fine until I was in my late teens and used the odd cheap cart because I could never convince myself to buy pointlessly expensive Gillettes. Genuinely wondered why they were just so freaking expensive before I even considered a DE.

Your more of a seasoned veteran at 33 where I'm just a youngfla whipper snapper DE shaver at 21 :lol:. But I'll never use a cart again in my life unless I'm forced to.

Sorry, but I was waiting for something weird on confession-line here. All I read was perfectly normal shaving behavior.

Not at all weird. Starts getting weird when you begin to act on it... hey, gotta question... how's it feel? mind if I....

Then again, it wasn't until I started coming out to people about my fetish, that I started hearing about all of theirs....

Likewise! I've never tried a DE but having just tried out a straight for the first time, I find myself wanting to shave again. I never thought it was something that could be enjoyable.

Yeah, I'll see guys who look like they haven't shaved in a week and wonder how quickly a DE would slice those whiskers off.

I've been reading a lot since I got into DE shaving but checking out other guy's shaves? Not so much.

Haven't done it a single time. The only 1 time I even remotely done it was a small conversion attempt with a friend of mine when I was looking for stuff to use in the attempt. Turned out to be a failure though but once he see's me with enough flawless DFS's and BBS's and asks me about them, I'll reel him in and probably try to seal the deal with some kind of PIF :lol:

I've been wondering if some of the older guys at church are DE shavers as well. It just seems like a strange topic to bring up to someone without them thinking you are a weirdo!

We have a new minister of music (within the last few months), and he's always very well shaven. Maybe it's more noticeable to me because of his very pale skin, but I notice it at least once a week. He's the only man regarding whom I've thought about this but don't already know the answer. Our best friends, my closest coworkers, our senior pastor, my dad: I already know what they shave with. Other people: I don't really think about it.

I've been considering PIFing a razor to him soon, but I don't have a spare brush to include with it.

Haha. I'm so critical (in my own head) of other guys shaves now! I never really noticed before, but most guys could really use better shaves!

It would only get weird if you asked a stranger what he uses when he shaves.

Lets take it up a notch shall we?

Anybody care to try this pick up line on the next chick they meet in a bar:
"Can you show me your legs? I want to offer you advice on shaving them."

Lets take it up a notch shall we?

Anybody care to try this pick up line on the next chick they meet in a bar:
"Can you show me your legs? I want to offer you advice on shaving them."
Sounds like a plan...what could possibly go wrong? [emoji15]

Top Bottom