What's new

Vintage Pinaud Bottle - Stopper Suggestions?

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Where did you find that bottle of Clubman Cologne Concentrate? I'm envious.
Fafrd:
I got mine as a 'gift' from member, Veteran and Hobbyist 'bmharold' (a.k.a. Brandon...http://badgerandblade.com/vb/member.php/53707-bmharold), and was impressed with this fragrance so much...I also posted a review.

I also understand that these vintage bottles may be the last of this product on earth, so one should not get too attached to the scent (he may have some bottles left). Brandon states the barcode dates it to at least between 1974 - 1983.

From Clubman, I received a e-mail stating;
"Clubman has been around for the better part of last century and sold in a variety of venues. Our brand manager thinks the product you have may be from the 1950s or 60s, before we acquired the brand.

There are most likely a lot of packages and products out there that were sold for brief periods of time which we have no history of, but that does not mean they are not authentic products".

Read More: http://badgerandblade.com/reviews/showproduct.php?product=211308&title=pinaud-clubman-cologne-concentrate&cat=39

proxy.php
​"Hard work is the aftershave [and eau de colonge] of accomplishment". Author Unknown

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Perfect fit with the rubber stopper I ordered! I also received my bottle of [what I presume to be rare] Clubman Cologne Concentrate today. See below.

Bull:
From where did you order your stoppers..(they look soooo cool)
proxy.php

proxy.php
​ “Happiness is like [aftershave and/or cologne]: You can't give it away without getting a little on yourself". Tonsumology (the study of shaving), Slogan

Last edited:
Bull:
Super, but how did you measure (straight across from the inside edge, perhaps), the opening of your bottle?
proxy.php

proxy.php
"Hard work is the aftershave [and eau de cologne] of accomplishment". Author Unknown

Correct. This bottle has a neck that is the same diameter towards the top - no lip to worry about. I measused across, and then chose a stopper that had a top larger than the measurement, but a bottom smaller than the measurement - so that it would sit right in the middle. If you have this same exact Pinaud bottle, let me know, and I will look up the exact size that I ordered. I would also recommend ordering a few sizes, since they're only ~$0.49/piece.

Hi everyone I scored two clubman vintage Pinaud bottles and a Murray & Lanman bottle. Is there any tips or tricks to cleaning them properly to remove dirt and a touch of stain? Any help would be appreciated it. One bottle I was lucky enough to get Bakelite cap with it :)

When I am cleaning out a vintage bottle here is what I do. Frist if fill it with hot water and dish soap and let that soak for a while. Dump it out most of that way, then shake it up a while. Sometime I repeat that step. Then I fill it up with scrubbing bubbles and let that do its magic. Then rinse well. Usually that is all that is required, but sometimes there is dried gunk that just wont come loose. If that is the case, I put in a ton of salt and baking soda and a little water. Wet enough to slosh the solid particles around, but not enough water to dissolve everything. Shake it up, and the particles will act like sandpaper inside the bottle. Shake until it is clean.

If you can get a bottle brush into your bottle then that will help a ton, but usually the necks are too small. Also be careful with that bakelite cap. They are fragile. I broke one that was on one of my old bottles. :(

Thnx my friend hopefully I score an old hoyts cologne bottle too to decant from plastic into. Or does hoyts come in glass still? Also how about the the rest of the Murray & Lanman colognes are they all glass too or just the Florida water?

So my wife and I did all the steps 3x each and there are still a bit of whitish looking deposit marks but does look better. I worked on one spot with a pipe cleaner but no budging. So I think they are as good as their gonna get. They look a lot better though thanks my friend :)

Oh forgot the 12oz Texas Pete hot sauce small red bottle caps work on the old vintage pinaud clubman bottles with Bakelite caps the caps similar to what's available now but plastic.

Last edited:
Don't wanna bust balls again but TheVez what size cork did u get I have the same bottle as you. I'm trying to post pics from iPhone but when I choose photo there's no ok button

Last edited:
Well, I'm not sure which cork and which bottle you are referring to, but I have no idea what size cork I use for any of my bottles. When I need one, I take my bottle to the hardware store and pick up whatever I find that fits it.

yes indeed.i was asking for os mugs in a junk shop awhile back and a lady i never met before forced me to take a whole collection of old spice as and cologne from her for $5.it was horrible to say the least.:w00t:

Top Bottom