What's new

Maggard's soap question.

Hi everyone, I am relatively new to wet shaving. Just a few months in. Anyhow I am in the middle of placing an order from Maggard's and thought I would try out one of their soaps. What is everyone's opinion on them? I also wanted to know if it is a hard soap, or more of a croap? Not that it matters, I was just curious. Thanks in advance.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
They're fantastic soaps. They're croaps, pretty soft like a soft Italian soap. You might want to try the samples for the scent, but the limes and bergamot has been very popular.

Cheers, Steve

Ahh ok thanks, that sounds good. The Limes and Bergamot was actually the one I was looking at too. I like citrus scents.

I had a chance to stop by Maggards today and smell their full lineup. The limes is a great lime scent but I think the real winner is the Mango Sage Tea - it's absolutely intoxicating. Really you can't go wrong though, every one of their scents is a winner; not something I will easily say about many other brands (if any, frankly).

Ok well you guys have convinced me..adding it to my order. Will go with the Limes and Bergamot for now. I have never been big on Mango scents, but maybe next time I will get the sampler and get to test them all out.

Their sampler is worth the 8 bucks...they are all equally efficacious, but the scents vary. (Varying levels of awesomeness)

They have become one of my "Top 5" soaps, especially the Limes & Bergamot!

Here is another thread to check out: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...rgamot?highlight=maggard+limes+&+bergamot

proxy.php

Well I did go ahead and order it. Something so highly regarded by so many sounds like a winner to me. I will report back after I have received it and used it for a few days. I have been lucky so far that I haven't really bought any soaps /creams that I haven't liked so hopefully this will continue the trend and live up to Proarso which has been my favorite so far.

So I just received my order with the Limes and Bergamot in it ... and maybe my sniffer is weird, or maybe because there was a stick of La Toja in it (yet in a zip top bag of its own) but I don't get a lot of lime when I open it. Did any of you experience that too?

It smells exactly like limes to me until you lather it. Then you get the spicier bergamot.

Weird ... because I feel like I'm not smelling lime at all. Is it "really limey" or just sort of sweetly limey? Sorry ... I know this question borders on ridiculous. LOL

Top Bottom