What's new

What's in your pocket today?

I finally got around to figuring out how to open up an old, no-name, black, piston-filler pen that was given to me as a gift. It's probably a cheap German student pen from the 60s or 70s, with a fine, springy, steel nib. The piston was frozen in place, but once I got everything dissembled, it was an easy job to lube up the rubber piston seals and the piston rod with silicone grease. It's now filling smoothly with no leaks or binding. I filled it with Organics Studio "Blue Merle" (a blue/black/gray) and it's writing quite nicely.

View attachment 462455

My dad had one of these ... thanks for posting!

strop

Now half as wise
Loaded the M600 with Eclat de Saphir yesterday, and still going strong today. Why in the world I ever took this pen out of rotation is beyond me.

I have had the same pen in my Poket (actually in my smaller B&B Essential Book) for about the last month. The M800 Tortoise with a BB Nib. I keep topping it up with Edelstein Topaz. The rest of my pens are getting very jealous, but I just can't put this one down.
$M8oo tortoise.JPG

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Couple favorite Pelikan everyday pens

Last edited by a moderator:
I busted out my Conklin for the first time in a long time, had an amazing blue ink in it, which i thought was Lamy Blue, cant believe thats never been reviewed before for me to check out, looks likeI have an ink to review.

and I also brought along the Visconti Rembrandt

Since any of my Esterbrook Dollar Pens, Js or SJs, or the single LJ and M2, will take the same nibs, the question is, what is my favorite combination? I think it's this Blue SJ with a 9788 nib.

I need a new computer soon. I'm limping along with this little Windows 8.1 tablet PC after my MacBook got very ill. I also have a nine year old Mac Mini, but with OS 10.4, there's a lot now that it can't do.

I carried three pens in my pocket today. A maroon Sailor 1912 midsize, A Pelikan 200 cursive italic, and a cheap ballpoint to lend out.

One of our new students fed me the perfect straight line, and I was so stunned that I didn't have a comeback.

"Is that a Pelikan in your pocket?"

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
One of our new students fed me the perfect straight line, and I was so stunned that I didn't have a comeback. "Is that a Pelikan in your pocket?"

Kid's good, real potential there!

Red Sailor for me. This Music nib is a gusher.

My Lamy 2000 with the Pendleton Brown .8mm stub nib had its first day of school today. It did very well and is looking forward to going back on Tuesday to meet the kids, write passes, make journal entries, and write notes on work-in-progress.

Top Bottom