What's new

The B&B Face Latherers Club United - come in and join the club, please !

My BK 12 was staring at me all sad eyed this morning, so I turned her loose on some Mikes Orange and wow! What a great brush! Have I mentioned that? It's really getting broken in and soft w some back to it. Think I'll put a large sized dab of proraso green cream on it tomorrow and see what happens.. 🆒

Woohoo!!!

My BK 12 was staring at me all sad eyed this morning, so I turned her loose on some Mikes Orange and wow! What a great brush! Have I mentioned that? It's really getting broken in and soft w some back to it. Think I'll put a large sized dab of proraso green cream on it tomorrow and see what happens.. 🆒

That is awesome ! I have the BLK-8 and even that I find enormous for face lathering. What I did was carefully ( these as you know are not cheap brushes ) placed o-rings towards the knot to stiffen up the backbone. Even the BLK-8 has near zero backbone without doing this. Granted the same results can be had by chocking up above the knot while face lathering but with the -12 that sounds difficult. Are you tricking your brush out at all ? Awesome brush I think I'll use mine today now that I read about yours, but I'd love to know if you had/have to trick your Kent out.

I'm in.

I pnce cheated on my face and bowl lathered. It was weeks of therapy before he trusted me again.

I've since come to realise that there be only 1 lather technique and it is FACE LATHERING! :D

I'm in, it's always a face lather with a boar brush unless using proraso cream.

Hi,

I always face lather with a brush, even when using creams. The other day, my wife tossed me a can of Mary Kay for Men shaving cream - told me it was the best thing ever - and I squirted it onto the end of my dampened shaving brush. I have no idea how to apply it in an evenly thin layer otherwise! :p

BTW, it was nowhere near. As good as the Tallow or Glycerine based hard soaps I usually use. Her friend that sells MK gave her the can for me to evaluate cannot understand how I could find a 50 year old shaving soap to outperform the latest thing from her labs.... ;)

Point is, that I still used a brush, which she thinks is why it did not work well for me. Too thin, she says. But thicker would not have done any differently, other than to make for more wasted soap, I say.....

Stan

Last edited:
Hi,

I always face lather with a brush, even when using creams. The other day, my wife tossed me a can of Mary Kay for Men shaving cream - told me it was the best thing ever - and I squirted it onto the end of my dampened shaving brush. I have no idea how to apply it in an evenly thin layer otherwise! :p

BTW, it was nowhere near. As good as the Tallow or Glycerine based hard soaps I usually use. Her friend that sells MK gave her the can for me to evaluate cannot understand how I could find a 50 year old shaving soap to outperform the latest thing from her labs.... ;)

Point is, that I still used a brush, which she thinks is why it did not work well for me. Too thin, she says. But thicker would not have done any differently, other than to make for more wasted soap, I say.....

Stan

We're different, aren't we?:001_cool:

Top Bottom