What's new

The B&B Face Latherers Club United - come in and join the club, please !

Found a nice bowl at a discount store (it even had my initials!). Now it's my soup bowl... I load the soap and then drop some cream in the brush. Straight to the face afterwards. Faster lathering than the bowl thing...

I find myself grabbing my old boar brush and face lathering most days now. I am going to set the 2 band finest TGN knot in my next brush deeper just for this reason. If it ever gets here.

Face lathered for the first time today. Used a Simpson Colonel X2L Manchurian Badger with Tabac soap. Wow very fast and great lather. The Colonel made face lathering very easy.

Rob W

You could even buy a shampoo brush...totally different kind of brush, but then I can't imagine a shaving brush pushing past my thick hair to reach the scalp on my thick skull.
http://www.amazon.com/Scalpmaster-Shampoo-Brush-printed-poly/dp/B000NJG82W

Hi,

Um. Yeah. My fast thinking there. I have a crew cut, so way short. Never longer than 3/4 and cut to 1/3 of an inch. So, pretty close to being shaved. So, it immediately occurred to me that a shaving brush would work with shampoo. Not on everyone, of course. :p

Stan

Hi,

Um. Yeah. My fast thinking there. I have a crew cut, so way short. Never longer than 3/4 and cut to 1/3 of an inch. So, pretty close to being shaved. So, it immediately occurred to me that a shaving brush would work with shampoo. Not on everyone, of course. :p

Stan

I'm pretty sure if I buzzed my head with a #1 comb on electric clippers my hair would still be too thick for a shaving brush to get past. :laugh: I never have to worry that I will go bald, I don't think any of my ancestors on either side ever did have a single thin spot. I have had a grey spot since I was a child though...

how awesome would a brush feel on the dome? I'm not shaving my head to finds out, but I can only imagine 
I scalp lather every other day. It does feel great and it is easy to make lather with the stubble. Just takes a little more soap because there is so much more territory to cover up there.

I'm pretty sure if I buzzed my head with a #1 comb on electric clippers my hair would still be too thick for a shaving brush to get past. :laugh: I never have to worry that I will go bald, I don't think any of my ancestors on either side ever did have a single thin spot. I have had a grey spot since I was a child though...

Yeah. Can't even think of myself becoming roof-less....:scared::biggrin1:

Hi,

I am due for a clipping from SWMBO this weekend. Even so, I took my poor old used-for-over-25-years recently retired boar brush and used it in the shower last evening to shampoo my hair. I have to say, that felt odd.... :p

I, too, have all my hair and way too much of it. And, started seeing the gray hairs at age 16. I was a late-born child to my parents. In High School, there were quite a few of us tail-end Boomers and we all had the same experience. Something about being born late.

Stan

Edit: we also had a few cases of uncles/aunts and nephews/nieces in the same grades. (!)

Last edited:
Thank you, sir!:laugh:

Anxiously waiting for pics!

And next time you're around, we'll try some Islay liquid... won't we?:wink2:

I am looking forward to posting them, that will mean I've had the time to tackle the restorations :)

And you know I do love a good scotch, pick your poison sir!

I've been really getting into the finer bourbons here lately though. Does that make me a traitor? :lol: Knob Creek has been frequenting my glass more and more here lately...

Knob creek is nice, but Noah's Mill is better, although I do have some Laphroig small cask and Ardbeg Ugi in the liquor den.

ran some Biotique Palmyra around my face yesterday with a WD silvertip and must say our brothers from India are onto something.

Last edited:
My BK 12 was staring at me all sad eyed this morning, so I turned her loose on some Mikes Orange and wow! What a great brush! Have I mentioned that? It's really getting broken in and soft w some back to it. Think I'll put a large sized dab of proraso green cream on it tomorrow and see what happens.. 🆒

Top Bottom