What's new

BestShave.net.............Profesionel Shaving brushes no:1

......i just bought the Profesionel Shaving brush no:1 from BestShave.net

......does anyone know whether the brush is boar, horse or synthetic...?

....... it doesn't say on the site........

high chance horse, bestshave based in Turkey due to religious reasons, don't think they will stock boar.
you can try email them.

....thank you, gentlemen.....

....... hon, you are probably correct...... i forgot about the religious aspect of it....

.....i did email Mirac a couple of times asking the same question..... he never did answer me...........

....Wil, that is very interesting.....

....... how do they get around the fact that boar is a pig and (i am guessing) that the majority of folks who manufacture the brushes are muslims??

....Wil, that is very interesting.....

....... how do they get around the fact that boar is a pig and (i am guessing) that the majority of folks who manufacture the brushes are muslims??

The Turks are not that rigid in their religion. It is a country on the border of Europe. They want to join the EU. FI the Turkish company Jaguar makes boar brushes; I like them.

Horse or boar, will check for you.

My guess would be boar, as the ends of the hairs on my brush are splitting... But I did find that some one here got an email from Mirac stating "all brushes are 100% horse hair". Which would mean 100% tail hair, and indeed tail hair is a lot like boar. But AFAIK i never had the hairs on my known horse brushes splitting. tho have to add they are all mixed mane/tail. But still then you would expect to see the tail hairs split.

Last edited:
My guess would be boar, as the ends of the hairs on my brush are splitting... But I did find that some one here got an email from Mirac stating "all brushes are 100% horse hair". Which would mean 100% tail hair, and indeed tail hair is a lot like boar. But AFAIK i never had the hairs on my known horse brushes splitting. tho have to add they are all mixed mane/tail. But still then you would expect to see the tail hairs split.

That was me that had e-mailed him & I agree, the V-L Natural Brown 35/65 Hair would be noticeable and no splaying has happened on any of my three Brushes, so I think the bestshave Brushes are Boar.

...thank you, gentlemen..........

.......the information is very much appreciated......

.......... i am going to have to track down an AFAIK brush vendor now..........

I read in another thread that all their brushes are horse. I got the #1 and it sits on the shelf looking nice. It is too large to use IMHO.

Last edited:
I read in another thread that all there brushes are horse. I got the #1 and it sits on the shelf looking nice. It is too large to use IMHO.

Interesting. So I looked at the previous number ones I have from Mirac. A Lider (different from the present one, but about same size knot): hairs are splitting :lol: I also have the Barbers Pro Horse, and guess what: hairs are splitting. So either Turkish horses have different hairs than say Spanish ones, or it is boar... BTW I use them :lol:

I read in another thread that all there brushes are horse. I got the #1 and it sits on the shelf looking nice. It is too large to use IMHO.

It works great for lathering your head if you head shave during the warmer months or SWMBOs Legs.

Photo of N.1 with Omega 48..
The Lider N.1 is my favourite brush.
Mountain of lather in 10 seconds:scared:

proxy.php

Qui confrontato con l'Omega 48:

proxy.php

proxy.php

Top Bottom