What's new

The B&B Face Latherers Club United - come in and join the club, please !

If you were just going to buy one for the method, what would it be? I have six vintage handles sitting on the dresser at home, waiting for a new mop. I'm going to do a couple in boar, just for the purist aspect. The other four are getting premium knots. Not all the same knot, but not boar...

I've been looking through the offerings at TGN, and I have to say there's so many choices, it's hard to know what's what without trying.

Not an expert here (far from it). My TGN Finest 2-band (30/55) is absolutely great, decadent... a real pleasure. And very easy to use.

And, HI there, Glenn!:biggrin1:

I'd like to join too.

I'm a 100% Face Latherer. I use Mama Bear's Sticks and I've tried other brushes (Semogue 620 & 730HD), but my favorite is the cheap old Tweezerman.

Not an expert here (far from it). My TGN Finest 2-band (30/55) is absolutely great, decadent... a real pleasure. And very easy to use.

And, HI there, Glenn!:biggrin1:

I appreciate the modesty but methinks you're a bit more travelled than me, sir. :)

That'll be one of my definites then. Anthony recommended finest F2 as well. Mine will be small knots because of the vintage handles, but then I'm OK with that. I'm gonna get the silvertip premium too. Just need two more picks. I think I can handle that :)

I'm still on the same schedule...scuttle at home, face lathering on the road. My newly acquired Wee Scot is a terrific face lathering brush. :001_tt2:

I appreciate the modesty but methinks you're a bit more travelled than me, sir. :)

That'll be one of my definites then. Anthony recommended finest F2 as well. Mine will be small knots because of the vintage handles, but then I'm OK with that. I'm gonna get the silvertip premium too. Just need two more picks. I think I can handle that :)

Thank you, sir!:laugh:

Anxiously waiting for pics!

And next time you're around, we'll try some Islay liquid... won't we?:wink2:

I've been diggin in the Stirling soaps so much recently, that I've neglected an old friend, Da Fat 😓 So I broke out the B&B boar, whom I've also been neglecting, and went to work. MWF didn't fail. I've got it in an old AoS container, which it completely fills, so I've realized two things - 1. I need a bigger container so I can, 2. Unleash my big ol Kent on it 👍

I've been diggin in the Stirling soaps so much recently, that I've neglected an old friend, Da Fat  So I broke out the B&B boar, whom I've also been neglecting, and went to work. MWF didn't fail. I've got it in an old AoS container, which it completely fills, so I've realized two things - 1. I need a bigger container so I can, 2. Unleash my big ol Kent on it 

Wise words, sir!:biggrin1:

I've been neglecting MWF too and I'm not happy... Will have to mend it...

I've been a face latherer for the past month and I'm never going back.

I'm also a super sticker, meaning I apply stick to the face, then load up the brush with a different soap, and then go to town. Life is good.

I've been a face latherer for the past month and I'm never going back.

I'm also a super sticker, meaning I apply stick to the face, then load up the brush with a different soap, and then go to town. Life is good.

why have I never done this???

Super sticking is a great way to name that particular superlather technique.

A particularly nice thing about super sticking: If you bowl-lather the brush-loaded soap (instead of face-lathering it on top of the face-loaded soap like I think whitemike is saying) and accidentally give it too much water, the problem will soon correct itself.

Lately I've been squeezing the first lather out of the brush into the bowl before face-lathering the face-loaded soap. Then I squeeze that out into the bowl and face-lather what's left on my face. Then I mix and lather everything that's in the brush and bowl. I end up with way too much lather, though.

So I took super sticking another way. Went with TOBS coconut cream, straight to the face and then loaded the Fat on my brush. Eeeeeeeexcellent lather. So simple, so awesome

Well Gentlemen - after much trial and tribulation with bowl lathering I finally discovered the simplicity, efficiency, timeliness and stimulatory benefits of FACE LATHERING! Been face lathering (and head lathering as I do shave the dome) exclusively for about 2+ weeks now. The large coffee mugs once used as bowls have been returned to their original and rightful place as beverage and ice cream holders and there is no going back for this guy!

So with that said, I do hereby request official membership into this fine and righteous society!!:001_wub:

Well Gentlemen - after much trial and tribulation with bowl lathering I finally discovered the simplicity, efficiency, timeliness and stimulatory benefits of FACE LATHERING! Been face lathering (and head lathering as I do shave the dome) exclusively for about 2+ weeks now. The large coffee mugs once used as bowls have been returned to their original and rightful place as beverage and ice cream holders and there is no going back for this guy!

So with that said, I do hereby request official membership into this fine and righteous society!!:001_wub:

Welcome, brother facelatherer!

Facelathering rocks!:thumbup1:

how awesome would a brush feel on the dome? I'm not shaving my head to finds out, but I can only imagine 😁

Top Bottom