What's new

Cigar Of The Day (COTD)

Having me a Herrera esteli

Attachments

• $ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1392172303.307696.jpg
    $ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1392172303.307696.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 104
Lonsdale? I really like the Herrera Esteli. What do you think of them?

I really like it. Always really consistent on construction great draw, super even burn, great flavors. I get great notes and transitions, a little pepper, a little bit of a clovey licorice, with some woodsy notes, transitions into something a little more mellow in the second third, a more cedars and some dried fruits, the last third I get a honey, nuts, oats, and a little more dried fruit. It's one of my favorite medium bodied smokes right now.

Another great offering from drew estates...a smoke that's different from the rest of their cigars...I'd recommend it to everyone who hasn't tried it

Last edited:
La Aurora robusto last night, one heck of a good cigar for the money. A $2 cigar that I would have guessed was a $6-$8 stick if I didn't know what it was.

Followed by a Cuba Libre One corona, also a very tasty little smoke.

I really like it. Always really consistent on construction great draw, super even burn, great flavors. I get great notes and transitions, a little pepper, a little bit of a clovey licorice, with some woodsy notes, transitions into something a little more mellow in the second third, a more cedars and some dried fruits, the last third I get a honey, nuts, oats, and a little more dried fruit. It's one of my favorite medium bodied smokes right now.

Another great offering from drew estates...a smoke that's different from the rest of their cigars...I'd recommend it to everyone who hasn't tried it

Wow, that sure is packed full of flavour for you. Guess I'm still learning cuz all I get is sharp pepper and wood from Herrera Estelis, although that's not to suggest I find them strong or full bodied. I lean towards Nica Rusticas as far a DE's new stuff goes. And I have to thank you and a couple others here who give DE serious pub, as I finally got around to trying most of their traditional offerings. The UF-13 and Undercrown are staples for me now when I can find them. FFP is also great but strangely their star player, LP No. 9, doesn't do much for me. MUWAT and T52 haven't found fondness from me either.

Wow, that sure is packed full of flavour for you. Guess I'm still learning cuz all I get is sharp pepper and wood from Herrera Estelis, although that's not to suggest I find them strong or full bodied. I lean towards Nica Rusticas as far a DE's new stuff goes. And I have to thank you and a couple others here who give DE serious pub, as I finally got around to trying most of their traditional offerings. The UF-13 and Undercrown are staples for me now when I can find them. FFP is also great but strangely their star player, LP No. 9, doesn't do much for me. MUWAT and T52 haven't found fondness from me either.

we all have different taste buds. :001_smile I like the nica rusticas too, I was surprised at it when I first smoked it since it was their lower price point cigar, but it was still delicious none the less.

Have you tried the papas fritas from DE? I enjoy them when I'm short on time looking for a shorter smoke, and like them better than their MUWAT Baitfish counterpart.

Last night, a Gloria Cubana Series R #4 Maduro. Fantastic sweet and smokey flavours but much too mild for my liking. I think some more body and weight to the smoke would really hammer home those great flavours.

Boris, I've never tried the Papas Fritas. Unfortunately my tobacconist only gets Drew Estate products in limited quantities and unofficially at that. Apparently his distributor doesn't like the idea of supplying just traditional cigars without the flavoured lines as well. So they end up sporadically landing a few boxes here and there via personal trades and other under the table means... which is great because I get to avoid the infamous Canadian sin taxes.

Off to smoke my last Padron, a Serie 1926 40th Anniversary Natural Torpedo, before the temperature plummets to -15ºC. This Canadian winter is really sucking the life out of me.

La Gloria Cubana Serie N in a 49 Gauge. I like the flavor of the cigar, but I think that I prefer a bigger ring. The draw was just too tight. With the 54 and 58 gauge, the draw is more gentle and much more even. This one was like a milk shake that was mixed too thick.

Boris, I've never tried the Papas Fritas. Unfortunately my tobacconist only gets Drew Estate products in limited quantities and unofficially at that. Apparently his distributor doesn't like the idea of supplying just traditional cigars without the flavoured lines as well. So they end up sporadically landing a few boxes here and there via personal trades and other under the table means... which is great because I get to avoid the infamous Canadian sin taxes.

I have heard similar things from other tobacconists as well. They can't get just the liga privada stuff, they have to carry the ACID lines and everything else as well, which can be a bummer.

O yea, I had a PSD4 last nite.

My sister gave me one of those for Christmas (along with several other nice sticks). She was misinformed about what I like, but she really tried. I'll have to check them out soon. Before the Davidoff sale I used to enjoy Camacho corojos and coyolar puros. and the occasional slr maduro and pre-embargo 1962. I haven't had any since the latest rebranding. I'm glad you liked it.

Today's smoke was a Tatuaje noella, while I waited for the AAA tow truck. Sometimes a good cigar can turn your whole day around,

Last edited:
Three cigars today.
1. QDO Corona with coffee. Box from '13 but still good.
2. Headley Grange PC after lunch. Not bad.
3. CAO Gold wraps up the day. I like a nice CT shade in the evening on 3 cigar days.

Top Bottom