What's new

My first JNat

Thanks to a honorable member if this forum I'm now the proud owner of a Japanese natural whetstone. It's an Ozuku with the matching Tomo and a set of Nagura (the stone if the Greek guy is still on his way.). If only I had a razor to hone...

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 140

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Congratulations Thomas! I like the JNats very much. An Okuzu was one of my first two JNats and I still have it.

Cheers, Steve

Wow. I mean WOW! I couldn't resist testing the stone. Took my MK33 that needed a touch up glassed and honed it closely following the procedure as described by Jim on coticule.be, first with the nagura and finishing on the Tomo. The thin slurry advice came naturally to me since I made the same experience with my coti and my Zulu. Perhaps I was lucky or because I took a fine razor that has already been previously honed on a JNat to perfection by Paul but, wow, this is the best edge I ever had from my own honing. Very crisp, sharp and smooth. That stone, my thanks to Keith, is awesome.

Wow. I mean WOW! I couldn't resist testing the stone. Took my MK33 that needed a touch up glassed and honed it closely following the procedure as described by Jim on coticule.be, first with the nagura and finishing on the Tomo. The thin slurry advice came naturally to me since I made the same experience with my coti and my Zulu. Perhaps I was lucky or because I took a fine razor that has already been previously honed on a JNat to perfection by Paul but, wow, this is the best edge I ever had from my own honing. Very crisp, sharp and smooth. That stone, my thanks to Keith, is awesome.

MK33? Those are junk, send my way for proper disposal.

I LOVE how Alfredo promotes the hell out of these things but every thread they are ever mentioned in him he says they're terrible and to send them to him. He's the best kind of guy LOL!

Can someone please acknowledge my achievement?: Fantastic edge after first time JNat honing (considering the struggles I had and still have with my cotis).

Keith's stones are also junk. Send the MK to doc and the stones to me. I'm collecting his castaways here so others won't be bothered.

Top Bottom