What's new

Razor Bluing

So I got a razor in the mail yesterday and noticed it was completely “blued.” It’s a vintage Dovo and I’m fairly certain this was not done at the factory (of course, I’m happy to hear otherwise if anyone out there has seen these before). In any event, it got me thinking, does anyone out there use home bluing kits for their razors?

Just curious everyone's thoughts.

Obligatory photo attached for reference.

Attachments

• $blued Dovo.JPG
    $blued Dovo.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
Could look nice with contrast once you have set a nice shiny edge on it.

Oh, I'm going to have to remove it on this one because there's some rust in spots that will require attention, but it had me thinking of whether or not any of us are doing this as a matter of practice? I may use this one as a test sample to "re-blue" after it's cleaned up.

My wife's favorite

Same here :)

Subscribed...I am interested to see what could cause this too...It looks pretty uniform so I wouldn't think it's a temper issue, correct?

Hart did a blued blade, black resin scales for Baxter of California. It was a good look.

Ive been planning on doing a GD, just to see if I could/ how it'd turn out. I've got the black linen mic arts for the scales. I'll get around to doing it eventually.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I blued a blade with a gun touch up cold blue kit. I think I still have it somewhere...

proxy.php
[/URL]

Top Bottom