What's new

Cigar Of The Day (COTD)

A Gran Habano Vintage Churchill. It was a gift.

Decent, far from great and further from bad. No necessarily my tobacco profile preference--I'm more a maduro Nicaraguan guy.

With that said, it burned well, lasted for quite a long while. Given the price, I'd say it represents excellent value if it appeals to you. I certainly understand why the guy who gave it to me (a bar owner visiting another bar that allows cigar smoking) chooses these to carry around with him to smoke and pass out to the occasional prospective customer. It fit (and filled) the bill for what I was looking for in a cigar today. However it probably isn't something I will buy in the future.

Working my way through an ACID sampler tin. Had a Cold Infusion last night. Was a little concerned at first about it's relatively narrow gauge, but by the time my first ash fell, I was sold. Truly enjoyable way to end the day.

I ended up having a cigar after my final pipe of the day, since my sister's fiance decided to smoke with me.

I went with a Perdomo Lot 23 Natural.

Romeo y Julieta Churchill from about 10 or 11 years ago. It's very delicate, but it's actually still in one piece, so I'm going to see if it still has any life left in it.

Rocky Patel "The Edge" Double Corona Corojo. It was an enjoyable smoke; the spiciness that it was supposed to be prevalent from the corojo wrapper really didnt present itself until about a third of the way through the cigar.

$CoD_02Sep2013.jpg

Last night had a Gurkha Ghost Shadow (robusto). It was good, started off much milder than I expected. I don't recall what I paid for it, but I'm sure it was more than it ended up being worth but it did make me realize that I really like the robusto size. Not too long or too short, pretty perfect for a lot of the situations I find myself in.

had a macanudo vintage 2006 last night, had a tight draw and had to clip more of cap than i normally do. It opened up the draw, but smoke output was ok. I would consider this a very mild cigar. Mild flavors, mild everything. Definately not for me, probably not something I would ever spend money on for again.

Top Bottom