What's new

Cigar Of The Day (COTD)

An evening with a beautiful Brazilian... I may smoke this cigar too!

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
My brother returned from a vacation cruise of the islands several weeks ago, and brought me back a Punta Cana cigar from a cigar factory he toured in the Dominican Republic.
They hand rolled it right in front of him. Let it set in my humidor for a couple of weeks and enjoyed it's heavenly goodness this evening.

One of the best cigars I have ever had the pleasure to smoke.

Last edited:
Saturday was a Joya de Nicaragua Antano 1970 lancero. Tight draw. Cut up a Cohiba Maduro 5 and... plugged. Took Cohiba back to B&M where it was swapped with a new one, and while he was at it the owner also gave me a new Le Bijou.

$072713_2054[00].jpg

Last night I wanted a short smoke so I cut the new Cohiba Maduro and... tight/plugged. Smoked it anyway and it was thoroughly unimpressive, even when smoke was coming out of it. Boris, you called it. After some more reading I discovered that the Cohiba Maduros are widely considered to have draw issues.

$072913_0049[00].jpg

Saturday was a Joya de Nicaragua Antano 1970 lancero. Tight draw. Cut up a Cohiba Maduro 5 and... plugged. Took Cohiba back to B&M where it was swapped with a new one, and while he was at it the owner also gave me a new Le Bijou.

View attachment 354730

Last night I wanted a short smoke so I cut the new Cohiba Maduro and... tight/plugged. Smoked it anyway and it was thoroughly unimpressive, even when smoke was coming out of it. Boris, you called it. After some more reading I discovered that the Cohiba Maduros are widely considered to have draw issues.

View attachment 354732

man that sucks, hopefully it wasn't me who jinxed you with the cohiba. On a side note, I love lanceros too, and have had a couple of the JdN before without much issue.

The two lanceros that pop into mind when I think lanceros is http://www.tatuajecigars.com/site/smokes/smokes.php?line=El Triunfador (I have a couple left I think in the humidor, I'll smoke one tonight to refresh myself with what I thought of it and will write a review on it tonight. The other one is the Cain F Lancero Tubos. If you want peppery, the Cain F is all in your face pepper and spice.

On a side note, I have noticed that a lot of lanceros that I have smoked, tend to have a tighter draw, and I tend to expect that when I pick up a lancero.

Last edited:

View attachment 354730

View attachment 354732

Is there any chance you guys get the second had stuff up there? I have smoked a lot of cigars over the years and can count the plugged or draw issues on one hand. That stinks! I wish you better luck on the future ones. Have you tried My Fathers or Fuente?

Is there any chance you guys get the second had stuff up there? I have smoked a lot of cigars over the years and can count the plugged or draw issues on one hand. That stinks! I wish you better luck on the future ones. Have you tried My Fathers or Fuente?

hmm I doubt its a second, since most manufacturers actually do sell 2nds at cheaper prices and are labeled as 2nds. I smoke quite a bit and have also had some plugged or draw issues, but it seems he is having a pretty bad run of luck.

A few days ago, he had a my father that he had some draw issues with too, I've actually smoke quite a few of the ones he had, and never had a draw problem with it, so it really does seem like hes having a bad run of luck. But at the same time I've actually also have had draw issues on even the most expensive of cigars, like the coveted fuente opus X.

View attachment 354730

View attachment 354732

Just curious, but how are you storing your cigars? I know that if they are too moist that can also cause draw issues. Also a personal thing I've come to realize is that a lot of times when I smoke I end up making the head of the cigar extra wet which can also cause draw issues.

I can't see there being any chance of these being second handers. The store I get them from is relatively upscale and the owners are stand-up dudes. Then again, stranger things have happend. Boris mentioned the My Father I had last week and I've had a Short Story Before before, which was decent with no draw issues IIRC. The number of bad draws I've come across does seem high considering the short time I've been smoking cigars. The thought has crossed my mind (and probably some others around here too) that maybe I'm just picky and inexperienced, but I really don't think that's it. It's just dumb luck and I expect things to get better given your guys much better experiences. In fact, tonight's smoke, a Perdomo Lot 23, was a great performer. Wide open draw, soft chocolate undertones when I took it slow and light with the draws, lots and lots and thick smoke. Paired it with an Erdinger wheat beer... one of best wheats out there if you don't like 'em messed up with citrus and spices, as I certainly do not. Boris, thanks for the tip on that Tatuaje lancero. As my B&M doesn't carry that brand, I'll grab one next time I do a web order.

$072913_2157[00].jpg

Surprisingly it held a nice ash, considering it had a lighter pack and draw.

$072913_2224[00].jpg

Edit: Forgot to mention that I keep my cigars in a tupperdor with a Boveda pack at 69%

Last edited:
I can't see there being any chance of these being second handers. The store I get them from is relatively upscale and the owners are stand-up dudes. Then again, stranger things have happend. Boris mentioned the My Father I had last week and I've had a Short Story Before before, which was decent with no draw issues IIRC. The number of bad draws I've come across does seem high considering the short time I've been smoking cigars. The thought has crossed my mind (and probably some others around here too) that maybe I'm just picky and inexperienced, but I really don't think that's it. It's just dumb luck and I expect things to get better given your guys much better experiences. In fact, tonight's smoke, a Perdomo Lot 23, was a great performer. Wide open draw, soft chocolate undertones when I took it slow and light with the draws, lots and lots and thick smoke. Paired it with an Erdinger wheat beer... one of best wheats out there if you don't like 'em messed up with citrus and spices, as I certainly do not. Boris, thanks for the tip on that Tatuaje lancero. As my B&M doesn't carry that brand, I'll grab one next time I do a web order.

View attachment 354869

Surprisingly it held a nice ash, considering it had a lighter pack and draw.

View attachment 354871

Edit: Forgot to mention that I keep my cigars in a tupperdor with a Boveda pack at 69%

Glad you got a good one! Hopefull the run of bad luck is over!

Glad you got a good one! Hopefull the run of bad luck is over!

Well, so far so good. Grabbed a late night CAO Concert and it was pretty good. However, I'm learning that if I've been drinking, it's mostly a waste to spend more than a few bucks on a cigar. The draw was great, it burned well, but I didn't taste much. I'm quite certain it was the vodka and the lime in my vodka and soda(s) that got in the way, rather than an absence of flavour in the cigar itself.:a54:

$073013_0117[00].jpg

today's smoke was an olive serie v 6 x 60 from a box I got online a couple years ago for $83, the best deal I've gotten in my whole life. it's even better now after a long nap.

Tatuaje Regios Reserva 2013, this was from earlier this week. What a great cigar. These are great now, but will be epic in about 12-18 months.

proxy.php

Have you tried the 10th Anniversary cigars yet. They are really good, they remind me of the 2011 TAA special cigar tatuaje released.

Top Bottom