What's new

Cigar Of The Day (COTD)

Never had a cigar with coffee. Maybe because I'm not a big coffee fan. Seeing your post makes me wonder why I've never tried Irish Coffee and a cigar before, though....

Ed, are you not a teacher or instructor or professor or something along those lines? How on gawd's green earth can you not be a huge fan of coffee? Not even when you were a student?

COTD: Back to the beginning with a Casa Magna Colorado (pikito, I think). Me likey these little guys. To hell with tradition and tough guys smoking 60 gauge baseball bats. I'm gonna smoke my pikitos, cut my lanceros in two (not really), and take my whiskey on the rocks (if I drank the stuff).:biggrin1:

$070113_2138[00].jpg

I've yet to try any infused cigars apart from the Isla Del Sol, which I thought was a decent stick but certainly not a great one. I'm admittedly intrigued by some of Drew Estate's infused offerings, but quite hesitant to try them for fear I'll be disappointed.

This combination, though, doesn't seem like it could be bad. Basically setting up the cigar as a refreshing "dessert" of sorts.

Never had a cigar with coffee. Maybe because I'm not a big coffee fan. Seeing your post makes me wonder why I've never tried Irish Coffee and a cigar before, though....

I've never thought of iced irish coffee. And with the heat down in my neck of the woods, I think this is going to be my next pairing with a smoke when I get a chance

I am not very experienced when it comes to cigars but I did enjoy this combination. It was a dessert experience for certain! I would highly suggest pairing an iced Irish coffee with this stick.

Ed, are you not a teacher or instructor or professor or something along those lines? How on gawd's green earth can you not be a huge fan of coffee? Not even when you were a student?

Funny you should mention that, my fiancee says I should be a teacher. I'm working on getting a masters in Business now, so I'm still being taught by others. I'm not a fan of coffee now and I wasn't when I was an undergrad either. I'm high-strung and nervous as it is, coffee would just make me even harder to handle. Plus my body is hyper-sensitive to caffeine, I can't hardly handle drinking a Pepsi!

Strong black coffee (a nice dark roasted Sumatran, if I have my choice) and a maduro cigar are one my simple pleasures. I really like this in the morning, but rarely get to experience it. I do it on the occasional Sunday if I know I have the day off. When I'm on vacation though, I try to do it more often.

Funny you should mention that, my fiancee says I should be a teacher. I'm working on getting a masters in Business now, so I'm still being taught by others. I'm not a fan of coffee now and I wasn't when I was an undergrad either. I'm high-strung and nervous as it is, coffee would just make me even harder to handle. Plus my body is hyper-sensitive to caffeine, I can't hardly handle drinking a Pepsi!

I must have been confusing you with someone else here in the BL who periodically mentions his students, class, etc. Interesting that you can handle nicotine but not caffeine as I'd put Nic at about 5 on the Vice Meter with Caf near the bottom at 2, looking up everyone else's skirts.

Strong black coffee (a nice dark roasted Sumatran, if I have my choice) and a maduro cigar are one my simple pleasures. I really like this in the morning, but rarely get to experience it. I do it on the occasional Sunday if I know I have the day off. When I'm on vacation though, I try to do it more often.

Just starting with cigars but your simple pleasure combo certainly resonates with me -- dark on dark. I'm actually off to the cigar shop soon to pick up some maduros. Not sure what kind yet. Gonna walk in with no ideas, no list, just grab whatever looks dark and dangerous. Also grabbing some beans from Green Beanery in Toronto this afternoon before I go the Blue Jays vs. Detroit Tigers game. Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to smoke a stogie at the game.

I must have been confusing you with someone else here in the BL who periodically mentions his students, class, etc. Interesting that you can handle nicotine but not caffeine as I'd put Nic at about 5 on the Vice Meter with Caf near the bottom at 2, looking up everyone else's skirts.

Just starting with cigars but your simple pleasure combo certainly resonates with me -- dark on dark. I'm actually off to the cigar shop soon to pick up some maduros. Not sure what kind yet. Gonna walk in with no ideas, no list, just grab whatever looks dark and dangerous. Also grabbing some beans from Green Beanery in Toronto this afternoon before I go the Blue Jays vs. Detroit Tigers game. Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to smoke a stogie at the game.

Sounds like a great day planned. Dunno the what is available to you. A nice dark Padron is hard to beat, IMO. And, yes I doubt you can smoke in Rogers Dome.

Ahh the mysteries of body chemistry...

I love early morning smokes with a good dark coffee too. Sadly it seems like its harder and harder to find places to smoke a cigar and hang out. I feel like a leaper sometimes.

Ahh the mysteries of body chemistry...

To be honest ed, I kind of want to see you jumping off the walls, I'm going to have to spike your drinks with some 5-hour energy if we ever meet. You remind me of my brother, he is high-strung and super jittery on the go go go 24-7. When we are together I pretty much just egg him on and add fuel to the madness we are a bad pair, he doesn't know how to say no, and I don't know how to stop enabling him to do dumb stuff. lolz

I love early morning smokes with a good dark coffee too. Sadly it seems like its harder and harder to find places to smoke a cigar and hang out. I feel like a leaper sometimes.
/QUOTE]

Among the few advantages of Florida (and they are fairly few, IMO) smoking availability is better here than in the other places I have lived. First of all there are bars where you can smoke--some even serve food. And since the weather tends to be a bit better (year-round, anyway) you can smoke outside most days--although it can get hot. I can sit on my patio in the morning and have a smoke. But unless I do it very early, and before a shower, it isn't going to happen. Can't be walking into people's homes and businesses reeking of smoke. But since my cigar store is also a client, I will smoke one while working there--I'm going to smell anyway, right? Any clients later that day (which I try to keep free) I let them know in advance that I reek of cigar smoke. Most don't really care, but are appreciative of the heads-up.

In the evening, from time to time, I smoke in the living room, right next to the wide open patio door. Ceiling fan going and several scented candles burning. That seems to take care of it pretty good.

To be honest ed, I kind of want to see you jumping off the walls, I'm going to have to spike your drinks with some 5-hour energy if we ever meet. You remind me of my brother, he is high-strung and super jittery on the go go go 24-7. When we are together I pretty much just egg him on and add fuel to the madness we are a bad pair, he doesn't know how to say no, and I don't know how to stop enabling him to do dumb stuff. lolz

You are a bad, bad man, Boris! :laugh:

Maduro Muniemaker breva

I've never tried one of the famed "moneymakers". I will have to give one a go some day.

Tonight was a Nub Maduro. Started peeling right above the cap. Really ticked me off. Thought I might have to abandon it early, but I managed to fix it good enough to enjoy most of it.

Yesterday was a special day. I'm presently unemployed with one [sort of cruddy] job offer on the table. As of yesterday, I received a second [much better] job offer which I'll be accepting. In celebration, I broke out the Liga Privada No. 9 that I received as a generous gift from Boris. It. Was. Awesome. Perfect draw, razor sharp burn line, wonderful flavor profile, and tons of rich, thick, creamy smoke that I wished would never end. Fantastic cigar all around -- now I just have to find out where to get more! Thanks again Boris!

$COTD.jpg

Yesterday was a special day. I'm presently unemployed with one [sort of cruddy] job offer on the table. As of yesterday, I received a second [much better] job offer which I'll be accepting. In celebration, I broke out the Liga Privada No. 9 that I received as a generous gift from Boris. It. Was. Awesome. Perfect draw, razor sharp burn line, wonderful flavor profile, and tons of rich, thick, creamy smoke that I wished would never end. Fantastic cigar all around -- now I just have to find out where to get more! Thanks again Boris!

View attachment 347544

Congratulations on the new job and opportunity.

Boris seems like real good people.

Top Bottom