What's new

Thinking of Edwin Jagger DE86 or 89 no wait maybe a merkur.Help ME PLEASE

I can't make up my mind and i think at the end price is going pick it for me but i wanted to hear the voice of fellow wet shaver and de users. Also this will be my first three or two piece razor for all i own is TTO's 4 gillettes, 1 Krona and 1 weishi which is a surprising little razor. So if anyone wants to throw they voice in to help my mind out i will thank you.

Have a great one everyone From KronaKid

I would go with either the Jagger DE89 or the Muhle R89. I like the fit and finish of the Muhle a bit better, but the Jagger has more handle options, which is nice. The heads of the DE89 and the R89 are almost identical, but not made by the same company any longer. I think you'll be hard pressed to find a better shaving razor.

I agree, you'll probably end up with both when RAD sets in. :drool: I'd go for the Jagger - great razor, and the finish usually hasno issues. Sometime the Merkur has plating problems...

DE89 is awesome. Most comfortable shaver I've used, but doesn't shave as close as the Merkur HD, that's my experience anyway. I have both, use both, love both. I use the Merkur the most due to it being ever so slightly more aggressive and giving me a closer shave.
But I'll never get rid of my DE89.

Get both.

I have either a DE86 or DE89 (i can't remember which one, the heads are the same though I believe - the one I have has a black handle) and the Merkur 34HD. I've been using the EJ one for a few months and just started using the Merkur. The resulting shave is virtually identical, the only difference I find is the weight of the razor.

I prefer the EJ as it's a little lighter, but you won't go wrong with either. They are both nice and mild and provide a really close and comfortable shave.

I started with the 86 and then bought an 89. I think I prefer the 86. Even with my large hands, I prefer the 86's slightly shorter handle. It feels very deft and shaves
with a nice dexterity.

You can't really go wrong with either.

The EJ89 was my first DE and it tears up my face to get a decent shave with it----I've tried to get it to work and to like it but no can do. Not a fan--at all. Get a Merkur adjustable and don't look back.

Top Bottom