What's new

The Iceman Cometh PIF - for the menthol addicted

Since the Irish moos is no longer manufactured.....I propose the same blend (not sure of their ingredient list) but name it "Irish moose tracks"

I really want to be in this PIF, but feeling so un-creative at the moment, SO, I will address the Elephant In The Living Room:

Take the Exact "Lime Bomb" recipe, BUT, use Vanilla essential oil instead of the Lime.

Here are a few OBVIOUS names:

Vanilla Ice
aka
Ice Ice Baby

You already have a song to promote it:

:lol:

Yo, I'm Out!

Last edited by a moderator:
The oils i'm interested in seeing in a soap are peppermint and rosemary, a name like 'Roast Dinner' may be appropriate.

Brilliant PIF contest! Sounds fantastic! I've been waiting for an opportunity to share some shaving product scent ideas. I'm IN.

Your base sounds great: VDH soap base, to which I'd add some vegetable glycerine for extra slickness.

Gin (bright Tanqueray, or complex Malacca or Blue Sapphire), Juniper oil and lime oil: "Chin Gimlet", "Hair off the Dog"

Pastis (eg Pernod, Ricard), wormwood oil (for authenticity, and barbiturate calming), sweet fennel oil, could include a hint of menthol, a not uncommon admixture to pastis and absinthe cocktails in Provence, and if inspired you could get fancy: hyssop, melissa, star anise, angelica, peppermint, coriander, and veronica are popular absinthe flavorings: "The Green Shaven Fairy", "Le Boheme", "Absinthe Makes the Shave Grow Fonder"

Coffee (or coffee bean oil), cocoa butter, vanilla and whiskey: "Irish Moocha" "Irish Pogonotomy"

4711 Cologne: "47 ill heaven" "Oh da Kologn!" "Shaven und fearzig elf"

Jägermeister: "Shävermeister"

Cilantro juice/essence, ginger juice/essence, lemongrass, lime, peanut oils (a dash of pepper oil optional, although it would heighten sensation and authenticity): "Thai tom yummm soap" "Dragon's Kiss" "DBS - Dragons Butt Smooth"

Gin/juniper, red vermouth (
cloves, cinnamon, quinine, citrus peel, cardamom, marjoram, chamomile, coriander,juniper, hyssop, and ginger), bitters (cascarilla, cassia, gentian, orange peel, and quinine from cinchona bark), Campari (most importantly chinotto and cascarilla oils/essence), lemon oil: "Sapone Negroni" (not a pun, but sounds fun)

Last edited:
Well, in my humble opinion, any product with a "butt-ton" of anything menthol related should obviously be called "Icy Butt Cold" or "Frosty as Her".

But that's my own mileage, yours, obviously, may vary. Ooo... how bout that for a soap name. Brutal product honesty... "YMMV".

EDIT::

I misunderstood the instructions, but my previous statements still stand.

how 'bout a mild tobacco scented soap with just a "no smoking" logo... or a crossed out no smoking logo... NO No Smoking.

oooo or follow your ICY theme by making a chilled Bay Rum --- "On the Rocks"

Last edited:
Since St. Patrick's Day is around the corner, how about "Clover leaves"?

I'm envisioning clove, tobacco, bourbon, and maybe a little vetiver...

Or, "4 leaf clover." I'm not sure what the 4 leaves could be though...

Bad MF Wallet.....Leather EO , gunpowder Fragrance Oil, and enough Menthol to make it Cool As Three Little Fonzie's.

$6a16a_h.jpg
VDH Based

Last edited:
I remember I got a candle that smelled like a fireplace burning. I think Bath and Body works made it. It was the manliest smelling candle I ever smelled. I'd love to have the same in a soap.

Tallow based maybe?

I'd call it "Burnin' D'Fire" (I've got a burning desire)

Bad As Hog - Bacon Soap. Also comes in an Aftershave. :)

(Name taken, with no regrets, from the mobile game "Jetpack Joyride")

Being new to different shave soaps, I feel that I'm at a bit of a disadvantage. That being said, if you could whip up something with a little smell of the orient such as amber and vanilla, and a little warmth (basically the exact opposite of your deep freeze TLB) you could corner the "Shaveocalypse now" market with: I love the smell of...

NaBalm in the Morning

Nothing else in the world SMELLS like that...
Smells like......Victory....
Someday this razor burn's gonna end.

Last edited:
Sagarmāthā breeze ( as is really could up there )
(mt Everest)
i like it cold so it has to be with that menthol kick
TIBETAN CEDARWOOD
citrus
with a bit of tea tree for the healing

Top Bottom