What's new

British Black Teas

My British resource for English teas hasn't been across the pond in a while and apparently his family has written him off. Up until now, I have had a seemingly endless supply of Marks and Spencer Extra Strong teabags, which I think makes a very nice cuppa.

Any suggestions on US sources for English teas? Also other possible replacements for the Extra Strong?

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Where the heck have you been? :thumbup:

As for the tea, I can't really help you with blacks.

Lurking...

I like the new look. Most distinguished. And a Vegetarian to boot. I guess I will have to direct my questions regarding smoking ham hocks elsewhere.

Just returned from a trip to India that rekindled my taste for Assam Blacks.

BTW...got a few dozen boxes of Indian blades. I think I paid $.14/box of five. If interested, IM me and I will send you a box for laughs (that is until you try them :blink:).

Yorkshire Tea is my go to for strong English breakfast blend, also available at the Britsuperstore (link above)

My wife is the tea drinker in my family, and she likes it strong. Her favs are Lifeboat, PG Tips loose leaf, and a new one I just found for her at World Market called Builder's Tea. She does half caf, so she puts in a bit of Yorkshire decaf in with her caffeinated tea.

World Market, at least in my area, is a pretty good place to get various British teas. They are a bit pricey, but at least you don't have to pay shipping there.

Builder's Tea! We've called a mug of thick, black tea with sugar and milk Builder's Tea for many years as a joke. Builders run on the stuff.

Amused me that someone has brought out a tea called Builder's! Turns out it's British too. Never seen in the shops my way.

Gareth

I wondered how long it has been on the market in the UK. On the box it states "This country was not built on Camomile" or something like that. My wife liked it pretty well when she had her first cup of it over the weekend. I bet she will be buying more.

Builder's Tea! We've called a mug of thick, black tea with sugar and milk Builder's Tea for many years as a joke. Builders run on the stuff.

Amused me that someone has brought out a tea called Builder's! Turns out it's British too. Never seen in the shops my way.

Gareth

Top Bottom