What's new

Proraso Pre & Post shave cream

I've got the 100ml container of the green label Proraso Pre & Post shave cream. When I use my Proraso splash I'll put a little bit on (i.e. less than the size of half a pea) afterwards as a post shave cream.

Would a 100ml container last me a few months if I used it every day like that?

Thanks.

I use it every day as pre shave, and post alcohol based aftershave to enhance the cooling. Sometimes I will also use it in between passes 2 and 3, and I'm not even halfway done with the jar after 4 months of daily use like this.

I know Proraso products are very popular here, so I was inspired to try the Pre-Post-Shave cream. I am not a Eucalyptus fan at all, so I had some reservations when I ordered it. I tried it for the first time this morning, both pre and post shave. It felt very nice and I ended up with a very nice shave. But the scent! It was much worse for me than I expected - reminded me of industrial strength bathroom floor cleaner. Now I know this product is also available in a Green Tea/Oat scent. Has anybody used this? How does it compare?

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
perfect timing for this thread, the green lid should be at my house next week! looking forward to it. only pre-shave i've tried is Shave Secret from walmart. terrible stuff IMO.

Using mine every day as a pre shave I get 4 months from that size jar.

And I slather it on.
I'm gonna order a bottle of the sensitive to try replacing the preshave oil i've been using. Looks like a much more cost effective product if it's any good with my skin.

Gadabout-sorry you didn't like the scent of the cream. I've been using mine for a couple months and absolutely love it. I've also tried the one that has green tea/oat and I must say, I didn't like it. But hey, we're all human right, and we have different preferences. What one loves, the other one hates. Try it, you might like it.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
i used this yesterday for the first time. It really made a difference in the shave. i spread it around over a wet face, used a liberal amount, then applied the lather over it. Next i'll try rinsing it off before applying the lather, see if that is any better/worse. just for :a24:'s and giggles.

I'm just not sure about this stuff. Its intense menthol scent seems to overpower everything else including my TOBS Jermyn street which I really enjoy. It also seems to suppress my ability to lather on the face. Not really sure if it does anything or not - the shaves might be a bit closer but as I'm a newb, it might be my technique as well. I'm going to skip for a week and then see what the difference is.

Since getting into DE shaving over 2 years ago I use this cream exclusively as an after shave. In fact I have never used anything else. You guys are now tempting me to try is as a pre-shave.

It feels so weird if I walk out the door without having applied this cream on my face.

I use the original Proraso p/p cream every day for my pre shave prep. I have used the sensitive one before in the past, but I prefer the original. I've always got one jar in use and one spare. This is a fantastic old fashioned shaving product that I wouldn't be without.

I also use the Proraso pre-shave everyday. I also have one in use and one as a spare. That's because I don't want to order only one item. I like to wait until I need several items to reduce shipping costs. I alternate between the Proraso aftershave balm and Geo Trumper skin food in sandalwood. I love the smell of sandalwood:biggrin1:.

I have tried 10 different brand preshave creams and lotions.

Proraso white lid preshave is my favorite.

I bought all 10 of these different brands 5 years ago so I guess each one lasted me half year since I am down to my last jar.

Ok gents what do you think about buying next week this combination?

- PRe Shave Red
- After Shave Lotion Red
- Crema Da Barba Red

Total 18,20 euros.

Top Bottom