What's new

DFW Get-together?

Hey guys! I just found this thread tonight and was totally pumped that there's actually a group that gets together in the DFW area. I've lived Fort Worth for a few years but I'm really new to the world of wet shaving, and would like to get together when possible. I just subscribed to the thread so I'll be on the look out.

Welcome Brandon, glad to have you subscribed. We'll probably start mapping out our January get together in the next several weeks.

Hey guys! I just found this thread tonight and was totally pumped that there's actually a group that gets together in the DFW area. I've lived Fort Worth for a few years but I'm really new to the world of wet shaving, and would like to get together when possible. I just subscribed to the thread so I'll be on the look out.

Week of Dec 30 I am off then the rest of the Saturdays in Jan I am fine. The BBQ place or the Cracker Barrel off Bowen or the BBQ place in Burleson.

What about a brewery tour? There is Rahr and Sons in Fort Worth, Franconia in McKinney, Deep Ellum and others in Dallas. For about $5 you get 3 beers and either a tour or a chance to mingle. Most have food catered or a food truck that stops by. Just a thought...

I've thought about trying the Rahr tour, but haven't got around to it. Not sure the group at large would dig it, but you might make this a side trip for those interested.

What about a brewery tour? There is Rahr and Sons in Fort Worth, Franconia in McKinney, Deep Ellum and others in Dallas. For about $5 you get 3 beers and either a tour or a chance to mingle. Most have food catered or a food truck that stops by. Just a thought...

Suggestions so far are...

Cracker Barrel, BBQ, BBQ, Beer Brewery Tours...

Deer season runs through Jan 20, so I might be available any weekend or not until after the 20th. Being a lease-less hunter means flexibility, patience and gear ready at a moments notice.

Post your suggestions and preferences and lets get this scheduled.

Latter part of the month is probably better for me - if I can make it at all. It's an all day event to come from Abilene.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Cracker Barrel would be fine by me, but I cannot do it until Feb 1st when I get paid again. January's paychecks are spoken for.

And Daniel missed the BBQ last time due to work. He deserves make-up BBQ. He'll have to surrender the cell phone upon arrival to ensure we avoid a repeat.

Feb. 2nd is a kiddo b-day that will have a party/family activities involved.

I'd enjoy making my first DFW get-together. I'll have to miss this one thought if it's the first or second weekend of February because of travel and a later February weekend is already scheduled as well.

I'll keep an eye on the goings-on in the DFW area and make a meeting when I can.

I'm an hour south of Abilene myself and am pleased to see that an enlightened shaver is in the region.

BBQ is always nice, especially if I am able to eat some. Kind of busy at work so just plan a day and I will make it if I am able.

Top Bottom