What's new

Titanium razors/handles?

Came across this old thread in which guys are scratching their heads about why anyone would want a titanium razor or handle. Now they're quite common but I still scratch my head as to why anyone would spend over $100 on a handle or several hundred on a razor. Would love to understand, if anyone can make sense of it for me.

I have a UFO and a Triad both in Titanium.
My question is what motivates someone to spend the money necessary to purchase a titanium handle? What makes one worth $100 or more when nice stainless handles can be found for a quarter of the cost or less?

My question is what motivates someone to spend the money necessary to purchase a titanium handle? What makes one worth $100 or more when nice stainless handles can be found for a quarter of the cost or less?

There are a bunch of guys making titanium handles in Russia and selling on the bay - all I've seen are very ugly but they might evolve. The benefit of titanium is it's a nice weight and feel if it's solid. But all you have to do for a lighter handle is hollow out SS or brass or copper or whatever. Not exactly rocket science.

I prefer the weight and length. Both of mine near the 4 inch mark. Also the design style as the Triad is very unique and the UFO, well it is a UFO.

Razorock MJ90 razor comes with a titanium halo handle for like 30 bucks. I've a few other halo titanium handles from him too. They are great light weight.

As said earlier a few Russian vendors sell handles on ebay . I bought them as they look more out of a science fiction store than a razor shop !!

Very interesting. Since I like razors to have weight, and I especially like a nice heavy handle, I guess I won't be on the lookout for titanium any time soon. Interesting, just the same, that a few years back no one could understand why anyone would go titanium (see above thread).

There is no correct answer as everyone has a preference. My UFO is ''heavy' for my taste but I currently allow others in my office to try it. The Triad is a perfect balance along with my old Law stainless steel handle. But I know most people would not like a smooth handle.
Price is limited to what one is willing to pay. A Wolfman Titanium on the Bay is in the stratsophere if you ask me. But what do I know?

There is no correct answer as everyone has a preference. My UFO is ''heavy' for my taste but I currently allow others in my office to try it. The Triad is a perfect balance along with my old Law stainless steel handle. But I know most people would not like a smooth handle.
Price is limited to what one is willing to pay. A Wolfman Titanium on the Bay is in the stratsophere if you ask me. But what do I know?
Makes sense. I've been digging the Ikon handles. So much so that I stocked up. Three Bulldogs -- one for each R41 and one for a razor to be named later -- three OSS (because it's my go-to handle thus far) and one Bamboo for a change of pace.

Perhaps in time my handle tastes will grow more diverse. I'm certainly open to that possibility. But it's hard to see how one (or at least I, given my preferences) can go to terribly wrong with these. Tomorrow I'll invest a few bucks in a Yaqi Beast head on AliExpress. Don't know if I'll like it, but it's only around $7 shipped so one can't go too far wrong.

Top Bottom