What's new

A good day in the wild. Some ID/Date assistance requested - PIC HEAVY

Hey all,

Went on a road tour yestereday in my part of the woods (South-Western Ontario Canada) and came home with five new razors, and I'm having a difficult time dating and identifying four of them definitively. One I can't even identify the maker, but it's a nice solid razor. The one I can identify is one I've been looking for since I started - an AMAZING condition Canadian army issue tech. The soldier's serial number and initials are on the case, which adds some charm to it I think.

I'd appreciate some input on these razors if you recognize them.

$P4155381.jpg$P4155382.jpg

This one below has no identifiers, except "British Made" on the bottom of the guard. Love the feel of the razor though. The handle finish is beautiful.

$P4155383.jpg$P4155384.jpg$P4155385.jpg

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
The bottom razor in the top pic would appear to be a rocket. Open the doors and see if the gap above the knob changes. If it does, it's a rocket.

and the tech just for eye candy... it is MINT!

$P4155399.jpg$P4155400.jpg

These babies are joining this collection - all showing minus a 1971 black beauty (birth razor on it's way via ebay) and a nice fatboy sitting on the bathroom stand!

$P4155402.jpg$P4155403.jpg$P4155404.jpg

The ball handle new is a Goodwill, not a NEW, circa 1931.

proxy.php

The other Old Type appears to be a 1920's Standard Old Type.

proxy.php

Fantastic! You guys rock. Much appreciated.

Still no word on my mystery razor though. I'll bet somebody knows it. If not from this group of RAD sufferers, then it can't be done :)

I am sorry I can't help you with the British made razor (Souplex maybe?) but I am envious at the quality of those pieces. It's really difficult to find gold plated Old Types and NEW's with so little plate loss. Very very fine catch sir!

Top Bottom