What's new

The Anything Thread

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Major news at the OldSaw household. Put an offer in on a house this morning and wouldn't you know someone else is trying to trump our offer. We are on pins and needles waiting for a reply from the sellers.

Last edited:
$pooping-penguinpoopingpoope OOPS.jpg

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Good fortune to the two of you on this!

+1. I hear that stepping in penguin poop is considered lucky. Just sayin' :whistling:

I do not understand what's going on here but good luck Dennis. I got my apartment yesterday so I'm excited.

Thanks all.

And congratulations Blake.

Our offer on the house was accepted. It is a very tiny little house, kinda like a cottage, with no garage and best of all... no mortgage!

The ironic thing is that this house is right next door to my first house that I bought nearly 25 years ago. I knew the original owner/builder. It is the smallest house on the block and is exactly what we were looking for. Small, cheap and in a decent neighborhood. We found plenty of small, crappy houses and cheap houses in crappy neighborhoods, but finding a cheap house in a nice neighborhood isn't easy.

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
Our offer on the house was accepted. It is a very tiny little house, kinda like a cottage, with no garage and best of all... no mortgage!

The ironic thing is that this house is right next door to my first house that I bought nearly 25 years ago. I knew the original owner/builder. It is the smallest house on the block and is exactly what we were looking for. Small, cheap and in a decent neighborhood. We found plenty of small, crappy houses and cheap houses in crappy neighborhoods, but finding a cheap house in a nice neighborhood isn't easy.

Congratulations! :thumbup:

Can we see some pictures of you tiny little house/cottage with no mortgage? Please!!!!!!!

.......... Did you have to step in penguin poop to get it? :001_unsur

Thanks all.

Good thing you don't have to park that semi anymore.

Congrats!

Thanks all.

Well congratulations, Dennis. And no mortage? That's the best kind of house. :thumbup:

*sigh* That's it. Does anyone know how to potty train a penguin? :glare:

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Congratulations! :thumbup:

Can we see some pictures of you tiny little house/cottage with no mortgage? Please!!!!!!!

I'm not going to promise (like a former Czar we all know) but I will probably post pics, or at least direct you to Mrs. OldSaw's new blog when she posts them.

Congrats Dennis.... I sure hope you didn't have to. The only way to step in PP the correct way is while you are plucking for the smoker

...or when standing on it as you remove the brisket (kinda the way one "breasts out" a duck).

Good thing you don't have to park that semi anymore.

Congrats!

Thanks Rich. Well, we certainly didn't need an extra house when we were out on the road. However, now that I am back behind a desk we need a permanent residence in town. I'm glad I won't have to renew the lease on our apartment.

The nice thing about having a tiny house is that our overhead will be low enough to allow us to save up enough to build a new cottage at our place in northern Wisconsin.

My number one pet peeve with all houses is property tax! It is the single most unfair tax that I know of. When you buy a car, you may pay sales tax when you buy it, but not every year. If your income goes down so does your income tax. If you have no income you don't pay any income tax. But your house gets taxed every year whether you made money or not.

Top Bottom