What's new

Favorite Open Comb

proxy.php

proxy.php

Italian Fatip & Gillette Bulldog are my favourite open comb razors.

Long comb NEW is my go to razor. My Fatip and NEW Deluxe are tied for second. I received really good shaves from my Senator (OC TTO) but I prefer a wider handle so I sold/traded it.

Aristocrat #15, British Popular and 1934 USA Aristocrat..........all have good points but if I have to choose it would be a very difficult one to make

Yep. Ya'll are gonna make me get an Old style. I have been needing an excuse anyway. Plus that Gem I ran across the other day. Maybe it will break my Brush Restoration Fever?

The Old Type and New Improveds are great but my vote has to go with the Gillette TTO OC's....The '34 Aristocrat, Sheraton, and Senator....
My Senator is the best shave I've ever gotten...

Where do you buy a FaTip? I saw them offered at an Italian website and on Italian ebay, but in each case there was either no shipping to the US or the shipping is so expensive that it costs more than the razor itself. Thanks

I have five Gillette open comb razors and they are all excellent. I have a British Aristocrat #15 that is my favorite by a whisker. It's hard to choose between the rest: New, New Standard, Tuckaway and Senator.

Where do you buy a FaTip? I saw them offered at an Italian website and on Italian ebay, but in each case there was either no shipping to the US or the shipping is so expensive that it costs more than the razor itself. Thanks

Unfortunately, you're going to have to troll the BST to find a used one. There was a limited buy from Bullgoose, but those are spoken for and gone. I posted a WTT for my 2011 R41 and found one.

Top Bottom