What's new

Ordered my MWF

Connaught rocks! I got the fat in ceramic for $28 in 7 days. Great soap, I couldn't be more pleased with its performance.

Connaught rocks! I got the fat in ceramic for $28 in 7 days. Great soap, I couldn't be more pleased with its performance.

Its gonna take some time getting it to lather. From what I've heard it should last quite a while even with all the lathering expiraments.

The Fat is awesome, I have better luck facelathering it, than bowl lathering it. I'll master the bowl with it though.

Clayton

Its gonna take some time getting it to lather. From what I've heard it should last quite a while even with all the lathering expiraments.
Don't worry too much about it being hard to lather stories-a little practice and you'll be fine. It's a great soap.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Just load it up a little longer with a brush with a bit of backbone and you will be golden...I love the fat as much as the next guy...

MWF is the bee's knees. Drench the puck with warm water for a minute, pour it off, swirl your brush slowly on the puck, and you'll be good to go.

MWF is great.
I'm only shaving with three soaps these days (and rarely use Omega or Proraso cream): Cella, Valobra, and MWF.

Couple of tips:

1. If you don't want the expense of their fancy ceramic bowl, you can use something else - my container is a shallow Old Spice mug I've had since I was about 18. The puck is too large to fit as is, so take a cheese scraper (you know, one of those flat metal things with a bent-in scraping slot to cut cheese slices) and peel off uniform layers from the outside until it slides in. Moisten the top of the puck and press the slices you pared off onto that.

2. I don't like the soap to lose aroma or dry out. This is prevented by plastic snap top from some sort of container...you may have to hunt around a bit. For the Old Spice mug, a blue cap from a tube of Pillsbury something or other. Perfect fit.

3. I used to wet down the top of the puck before lathering, and even complained a bit about the lather drying too quickly. I have no idea what I do differently now, but I never wet the puck anymore, it rarely dries out in the lather bowl or on my face, and it works up effortlessly. So anyway, you'll figure it out. I always use a boar brush with MWF. It's too much work with badger.

Have fun!

- Bill

Top Bottom