What's new

You guys get "ME TV" ?

Good morning !

Off today, coffee brewing, shower and shave to look forward too soon.

I was curious if anyone else here has or recently started getting ME TV ?

We cancelled our cable this year to save some cash and since I hardly watch enough o justify the price. After we cancelled , we were gettting local channels, a number of different pbs channels, create tv, along with RTV (retro tv) that showed a number of older shows, some cool stuff. but also what seemed like a lot of junk that I didnt want to watch. Cool name though. Recently , RTV went away and METV took its place.
It plays lots off great stuff that my wife and I both enjoy, we are both younger (she:25 Me:31) than these shows but remember our folks and grandparents watching them. As well as reruns back in the day.

Highlights for us are:

Odd Couple
Cheers
Twilight Zone
MASH !!!
Dick Van Dyke
Mary Tyler Moore
Taxi
I Love Lucy

I espescially love MASH. Growing up in the 80's. Nearly every memory of going to my grandparents house for dinner or to visit in the evening is tied to MASH being on TV.
I swear everytime that intro comes on its sends me in a time warp.

Have a wonderful day sirs !

I have it and we love it !! My wife and I love Twillight Zone. My favorite episode is also that of my father's and grandfather's . Remember the episode "Willoughby"? I just love the older tv shows that I grew up with. I remember video taping all the Taxi episodes.

I think it's great !!

I discovered it a few weeks ago, not on my Time-Warner cable but it is broadcast over the air from a Cincinnati station.

I watched all of those shows when they were on originally (I'm 64) and still enjoy watching them.....

I don't believe I have it on DirecTV, but I sure would watch it if I did. I love taping all of those old shows and watching them when I exercise. I am jealous!

Dave

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
We also get Retro TV and one called Antenna TV.
cueball:
+ 1...we get both channels here in Virginia too...plus TV Land The Mrs. and I enjoy watching "Benny Hill" on Antenna TV Friday nights. :thumbsup:

proxy.php
"TV is chewing gum for the eyes". Frank Lloyd Wright

Last edited:
I don't believe I have it on DirecTV, but I sure would watch it if I did. I love taping all of those old shows and watching them when I exercise. I am jealous!

Dave

Most all of those come on the nick channels or tvland on direct tv. Twilight zone also comes on the sify and chiller channels pretty often.

Great channel! We also have MeToo and Antenna. Between them, We get our fill of :
Dick van Dyke
Jack Benny
Route 66
77 Sunset Strip
M Squad
and lots of others.

Top Bottom