What's new

encre noir... wow!

just received my bottle of encre noir today in the post, and it is absolutely wonderful :001_tt1: it was a blind buy, id read about it on here and basenotes and it sounded like the sort of thing id go for, however it wasnt what i was expecting... but its such a beautiful scent. my workmate told me i might have to wash it off because he wanted to have sex with me (ive cleaned that up a bit :001_smile ) im so pleased with it, a beautiful bottle too.

It took me a second to realize how much (I think?) you are joking. But yes, Encre Noir is a great scent. How is it different from what you expected?

It took me a second to realize how much (I think?) you are joking. But yes, Encre Noir is a great scent. How is it different from what you expected?

its hard to explain how i expected it be, just some reviews id read used words like 'abandoned houses' and 'gothic' and such like. to me it smells distinguished and refined and some of the associations id read in reviews didnt fit for me, but i guess its all down to individual perceptions. i absolutely love it though.

I'm kind of new to fragrances, but Encre Noire is one of my favorites.

Glad to have you with us here on the fragrance forum. We have folks who are very experienced and very knowledgeable (not me), folks who know very little about fragrances, and folks at all levels in between, and all are welcome. I learn something every day here, from folks at all levels of knowledge and with all varieties of interests.

I just ordered a sample from the perfumed court but it said it was the unisex version hope it's the same juice. There was no photo and the only one they offered?? Anybody familiar with their samples?

I just ordered a sample from the perfumed court but it said it was the unisex version hope it's the same juice. There was no photo and the only one they offered?? Anybody familiar with their samples?

I think you're safe. As far as I know there are not multiple gender specific versions.

I think you're safe. As far as I know there are not multiple gender specific versions.

There actually is an Encre Noir pour femme, but I haven't really seen it heavily discussed or advertised. I'd guess that if TPC or whoever is saying that this is the regular one, they mean the Encre Noir PH. Which is great stuff!

Hopefully I'll find out soon. Thanks for the reassurance. I've seen the femme version but not one that's unisex. But it seems like almost anything can be unisex. I saw a guy doing a review of Shalimar and a lot of women wear men frags. I'ts only a sample so no big loss if it's not right. I just don't like buying blind. My nose is picky and I'm a cheap SOB! Just looking for a nice winter frag.

There actually is an Encre Noir pour femme, but I haven't really seen it heavily discussed or advertised. I'd guess that if TPC or whoever is saying that this is the regular one, they mean the Encre Noir PH. Which is great stuff!

Thanks, you're right. I posted too quickly, thinking of all the scents that are made in only one version, marketed as unisex.

As much as I love Vetiver fragrances, I just couldn't get past that ink accord. It just ruined the whole fragrance for me. I am glad you enjoy it.

Last edited:
I'll have to try this one again and "look" for the ink. I don't remember noticing it before, but it's been awhile and my nose isn't that sensitive, but sometimes I can understand what folks are describing when I pay attention to what I'm smelling.

I'll have to try this one again and "look" for the ink. I don't remember noticing it before, but it's been awhile and my nose isn't that sensitive, but sometimes I can understand what folks are describing when I pay attention to what I'm smelling.

I've never smelled it, personally.

Thread title says it all Encre Noir... Wow! I just received my package from TPC. I've got a nice smokey dark vetiver here. Very very nice. I don't know why they're calling this unisex. Smells masculine to me. I guess it's just not the femme version. I'm also new to the fragrance world. I've never worn much cologne but have been having a ball the past couple of months trying to educate my nose. I've just got a small spritz on my wrist now and I'm really enjoying it. I'll have to give it a full wearing tomorrow but I think we have a winner! Especially for the price. I'm looking for that ink note and I'm not getting it yet. Yeah, Wow.......:thumbup1: Thanks for the heads up on this one.:001_smile

Like I said in the last post I'm pretty new to fragrances. I'm just starting to get into the niche fragrances. Most things i.e. designer frags for me are mostly meh... So i'm pleased to find something that grabs my nose. Just got a sample of Tom Ford amber absolute it was nice as well. There is a richness or depth to these that is different than most of the 4 dozen frags that I've smelled so far. It's also the first fragrance that has had that smokiness to it. Next time I get some samples I'll look for some Armand Basi but I haven't see it so far in my local travels. Nose willing and able! Thanks

Top Bottom