What's new

Presenting "El Diablo" a custom straight razor

This is the first custom razor I've ordered and I must say I'm as happy as a kid in a candy store. When I first approached Brian (MileMarker60) I told him I wanted a French tip and a monkey tail in the shape of a dragon's tail. This is the end result. I originally wanted red dyed horn but his supplier didn't have it in stock so he suggested mokume gane. I am grateful for the suggestion as I think it looks better than dyed horn. The mokume gane looks to me like lava which agrees well with the El Diablo character.

The blade is French tipped 8/8" with a slight smile and worked back spine. The design is shoulderless and has what feels to me like a perfect thumb notch. Brian also put jimps on the bottom of the spine for better grip. He was a pleasure to work with and was very patient with my requests. I would recommend his services to anyone wanted to get a custom razor. I love my El Diablo! Thank you very much Brian for your wonderful work of art.

Terry

Attachments

• $IMG_2274.jpg
    $IMG_2274.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 334
  • $IMG_2275.jpg
    $IMG_2275.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 331
  • $IMG_2276.jpg
    $IMG_2276.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 330
  • $IMG_2278.jpg
    $IMG_2278.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 330
Wow Terry that is outstanding!! Brian is getting quite the reputation around here. I might just have to start saving up lol.

Beautiful razor. Very interesting design. Enough good can't be said about Brian's work. Great guy to deal with as well.

Damn that's slick, congrats. I can echo the comments about Brian, a pleasure to work with.

Very cool razor! That's the sort of thing that could make me reconsider my policy of only sticking to vintage blades.

Very Very nice. Makes me want to try a staight razor just so I could own something as nice as that

Sorry for the late response guys. I've been a bit busy lately. Many of you want to know how this baby shaves. The razor is indeed one of a kind. Being a full inch wide it is the heaviest razor that I have. Fortunately the tang has jimps and combined with the thumb notch at the heel of the blade, it's easy to hold and maneuver around my face. It goes without saying that the edge is super sharp resulting in a bbs shave. I also requested a slight smile which I personally find to be easier to shave with than a straight edge. I've used it five times now and always enjoy the close shave. If anyone care to know I strop 40 laps on linen and 50laps on leather before and after each shave. From there it goes back into the plastic gift box that Brian sent along with the razor.

The only issue I have right now is stropping quickly with this tank of a razor. I'm not sure if it's the location of the pivot pin or the width of the scales when holding the razor that makes it a little hard to strop so consequently I go slowly to ensure I don't drop the blade or nick my strops. It's not a big deal and Brian said he will make the scales a bit narrower for me if I can send it to him. I just love this razor. It's not just eye candy, it's a functional razor!

Top Bottom